Cosford...some pictures

Me and wifey just got back from an enjoyable Cosford. Heres some piccies, the first one is of my new BAE Hawk, which matches my GCS Hawke car :-)The nice young man in the hat gave it to me for washing his car! I wish :-)Seriously though, what a great and unassuming helpful chap Ali is :)An absolute star and ambassador for nice polite and extremely talented british model flyers.PS dont forget....click the image if you want to see it full size ( the image dummy, not the plane :-)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8018/imgp1889po2.jpg

Advert

Thanks David, they were not meant to be magazine class, and only done with a simple point and shoot jobbie, I shall get busy with "photoshop" and work on some of them when I get a chance. I look forward to seeing some others, and there were a lot more I wanted to take, but got hassled off the lunchtime flightline walk far too quickly :(

Excellent pics Timbo, I too had a great time yesterday. Highlight for me was Ali flying that gorgeous Mig21 - what a cracker!!. I picked up a really good deal from Ali (senior) on one of the new Precision Aerobatics Katana MD's so I came away a very happy bunny!.
Incidentally I've just heard that ALL flying today (Sunday) has been cancelled due to it pi**ing down (all night too apparently), so I think we chose the right day.

Steve

As you say it's a bit wet there today the descision was made to call it off before the gates opened.
Whens the bl***y weather going to stop, I'm involved with 3D Masters which is next weekend and the normal site is still wet and we might not be able to get vehicles on to set up and take down so we are seriously considering moving the event to another field so that we can get on even if it is wet

Great pity, as you say looks like we had the right day - it was only the second time I've been to Cosford - inspiring stuff though. Interesting to see the Chrislea Super Ace of John Ricketts(a pretty big model we've recently featured in the mag') dwarfed by comparison to some of the diplay line models.
The jets were good but I loved the combined Lanc' display, what a sound!

David.