Transmitters...

Advert

I have several Futaba "ordinary" transmitters - 4, 5 and 6 function as well as an old Acoms and a Sanwa - not to mention even older 27Mhz two channel gear.

All of these get used.

I must admit to having a computer Tx though - bought because it was as cheap to buy as it would have been to have the Challenger 6 it replaced repaired...

Malcolm

Only replaced my challenger 6 ch last year for a hitec optic6 35mhz very good transmitter.but this year i ventured into electrics more and was fed up with glitching all the time, so i bought a spektrum 2.4. I have to say the best money ive spent, so far NOTHING has bothered it!

QUOTE - "Hey, does anyone out there still use a normal radio- by which I mean non-computer, 35 MHz, PPM? One gets the impression that its all done with computers nowadays.

By the way, I use a Skysport 6A and Digifleet XP/FM!!"

For Anyone buying a radio set today I would ask why would you not buy a computer set? when the price difference is so small for the additional functionallity.

Possibly some are put off by the "computer" tag but don't be; absolutely no knowledge of IT or computing is needed to operate one of these Tx's.

• 3 years later...
Hi Dizzy, yep, i still use good old Sanwa conquest gear, non computer six channel jobbies, brilliant, never had a glitch on any aircraft including electric.

In fact i still use the gear in my Kyosho T33 which uses a standard brushed motor and a very old Highbury speed controller !!!!

Regards

Chris