Remote needle - how to?

Everything I've built and flown so far has had all the essential engine dangly bits hanging out in the wind. All easy and accessible.

One of my current projects has a nice cowl. I'd like to not butcher this too much, but can't see how I'm going to get adequate twiddling access to the rear mounted needle without cutting a fairly large hole. So, I need a reliable home brewed way of extending the needle control

What methods do you use for needle extensions?

Advert

Timbo
I didn't get where I am .I suspect you didn't yet either .I have loads of old guitar strings for sale at bargain prices ie postage only .I think 4 inch lengths are suitable for most applications but longer lengths can be organised of course (as the Bishop said to the actress).Grumpy Myron

Well Myron, actually I DID get where I am, otherwise I would not be here,I would be there,which is somewhere else, which I am not, because I am here, not there, to you I am there, but to me I am here honest, - I dont know how or why or when I got to where I was going, but I did get there... or is that here...well I know I am here, and everyone else knows I am there which is the same thing.
If you didnt get to where you are, who did? and where are you?
So many questions, so much time to flitter and ramble........

Timbo
PLEASE tell me what LOL means ! I'm not very computer literate .Is it lots of luck or luck on landing or is it something else .I've been reticant to ask before ,but I would like to know just for my own piece of mind 'cos I'm a bit confused ever since I realised that lost folks like your good self at least know where they are unlike me .I have seen on the gallery that you've re-built proper cars SNAP !!!

Timbo
I am now convinced that I don't know where I am or where i'm destined to be ( confused).Am I the only one of two like me or am I missing out on reality ? Over to you wherever you might be (if you're actually there) 'cos you're not here so you must be somewhere else & only you know Where !
Help
,My glue is dry -Must carry on building here

Having decided I am here and not there and fried my brain with permutations for different letter groups - going back to where this all started(or was it finished ? - depends on your point of view on here or there !) - There can sometimes be a very cheap and effective way of extending access to throttle screws etc which is pushing on some fuel tubing as a tight fit . This has the added advantages of being clear and slightly flexible as to access line . It is also a great way of getting the metal connector started in the neck of Slec fuel tanks ( fingers cannot get access )or for removing or fitting glow plugs in hot or awkward access situations.
Regards ,
Andy.