3 channel vapour ?

Advert

Well sort of yes... if the primary "turning" control is rudder then it will be on the primary stick that the users mode is set up for EG:
Mode 1 = primary control is on the right hand stick along wth throttle  - so if primary is aileron then its on this stick, and rudder is "moved " to the left. If no ailerons, then primary control is rudder, and would /should be on the right hand stick as above.
 I use a mix on my DX7 to put rudder control of the vapor on BOTH sticks, then I can use either.

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 26/11/2009 18:21:42

Hi Nigel,

its certainly not uncommon. In this model the rudder (together with the dihedral) is basically going to do what the ailerons would do on a 4-channel model - i.e cause the plane to bank and turn (with the help of the elevator).

If you flew purely 3 channel only - or if you were used to using co-ordinated rudder when making turns on a 4 channel model, on a biplane for example - you could put the rudder on the left stick (assuming mode 2).

But most flyers, in practice, when using 4-channel most often turn using ailerons and elevator. So I guess it makes sense to put the rudder Iwhich is going to act like an aileron control anyway) on the right stick for a usually 4-channel flyer who is having an ocassional indoor fly of a 3 channel model!

I hope that makes sense - it reads more complicated than it needs to!

BEB

When I learnt to fly r/c (seems like about a million years ago, but probably nearer 35!) I flew 3-channel with rudder on the "aileron" channel.  Back then nearly everybody started on 3 channels and that control setup was certainly the recommended practice.  So when I got a 4-channel model the actual flying used pretty-much the same stick movements,  you just had to remember to use the left-hand stick (mode 2) to steer on the ground!

More recently I've occasionally flown other people's three channel planes and they've all been setup with rudder on the aileron channel too.