Medevac heli

Fats Flyer

Thanks for the advice eric.

I do believe my receiver aerial had allready been unwound prior to packaging.. but no where in the the instructions about that!

Re the charging light, i have left the charger on for 1 hr and 20 but the green light is still staying lit.  I did however get one "error charging" warnin light wen i left it on for a similiar length of time. At the moment i am giving it about an hour and 10 minutes of charge because im afraid of ruining the battery!! (mite need to go back to the model shop )

Thanks also for the advice on the flybar.

couple of other things...everytime i fly it seems that the trim setting constantly change and one time i wos applying full right stick back and right (to the make the heli fly backwards and crap to the right, with trim aswell) and i found that the heli wos only very slowing creeping backwards and crabbing.  Is this normal? and if so do i need to trim the 4 in 1 control unit before everytime i fly to correct for this?

Also one flight i wos giving the heli more throttle than it normaly needs (about 15 more clicks of the left stick) and it only just started to lift.  I did have a minor crash on a wooden chair leg before hand where a blade caught it.  Wot would be the main cause for this sudden  needed increase of throttle? also if the main shaft wos very slightly bent wud this effect the amount of throttled needed for takeoff?

Sorry for being so long-winded!

Wud be great for some answers!

Thanks.

Rob. 

Hi Rob.

The best way to set the heli up from scrach is to put the heli at eye level on a level serface, look at the swash plate and the center saft, with the tx on and rx on and all sticks at there nutral possions make sore the swash plate is squair to the main saft, if not ajust servo conecting rods this a good starting point and then if you still cant get it to hover with the colective stick all most centeral with no input and the trimes central then finly tune the servos a little more, hope this is some help.

happy flying Owen. 

thanks for the tips eric.

Im pretty certain the batteries charging OK. i get about 15 minutes of good flying time and the blue LED flashes after the flying time is up so this is reassuring.  Its just a bit concerning that the green light doesnt go out when the batt is charging

One more quick question.. wots the easiest way to access the inner shaft? Do i have to disassemble everything or is there an easier way to get to it? i want to check the straightness of it

Any help would be great

Thanks

Rob

• 4 months later...

apologies of the total `numptiness` of this enquiry, just bought a twister hawk, managed to do a couple of circuits (whilst holding my breath!) and landed albeit with a bump or two, so far so good, my problem is this, I want to connect the set of lights to the skids, although it tells me to `simply` connect to spare channel on the reciever, any ideas how I get to it?, if I have to dismantle the thing, any tips and steps would be gratefully recieved

many thanks in advance