Help! Problem with my "Reality Craft" simulator Tx

Myron Beaumont

The Logic 3 joystick of 'er indoors' for games works with the disc installed(except for no provision for a rudder function )
I tried this out to check the computer.
The 6 channel PPM transmitter after a lot of fiddling works on everything except ailerons (channel one normally but any other channel for that matter ,in which case I could transfer it )
It did work last time I used it & have even started from scratch twice just to make sure so to speak. No result!
Can anyone please suggest what I might try next apart from binning it
I've had the back off / wiggled everything etc .no difference!

G-umpy 2

Advert

In the setup for the controller with the PPM Tx, when you wiggle the stick for the ailerons do you get deflection on the bars?

Just retested mine and it had lost all its settings.
Could it be the channel is not assigned correctly, my rudder for instance is on ch6!?

Edited By Andy Gates on 20/12/2009 13:54:27

Andy
Funny you should say that about rudder being on channel 6 .SO IS MINE NOW !!! I didn't mention it 'cos at least it works !
No -I don't get any deflection on the blue thingy that shows movement for aileron .
I'll never get the hang of digital stuff
Or is it my lack of a brain cell ?(or two)
G-Umpy -Wished it was a bit warmer, I'd be flying the "Real"thing

Sounds like the potentiometer, potentiometer drive or a wire is broken in the transmitter unit.

Do you have another sim to try it on to see if it is a software issue? In not try a download of FMS which will work with the same unit.

If you get no deflections on that then the Tx is defective.

As to the brain cell issue - I dare not comment!

Take a good look at the pot, measure the diameter of the back and the spindle shape and size.

Then visit your local Maplin/Tandy/HiFi store.
A replacement should cost no more than a few pounds.

Don't disconnect the origional pot until you have a replacement available. Helps keep the connections in the correct place.

It would be a linear pot, but when I measured the resistance of my pots they were no where near the value you had.

I would suggest a replacement Tx would be the way to go. You could get a cable for your normal Tx  to the PC and go that way of course.
The repair looks a might iffy.
The alternative would be to swap the 2 stick units over and to transfer the throttle rachet. That way the iffy channel would be on the rudder, and if you are doing normal flight you could set the rudder and the ailerons on the same (aileron) stick.

A few options there for you.

• 4 months later...
Information please.
It seems that my new RC PlaneMaster T/X unit is also suffering from poor contact on two of the pots. Before I start removing the back did WD40 solve the problem Myron?
Alternatively anyone replaced his pots with Maplin units and if so which actual unit was used? Can you possibly give me the code for Maplins catalogue please?
Rick.

• 3 weeks later...
Ref faulty potentiometers.
I contacted [email protected] and explained to them the problems I was having with the 'Tx' not working on some of the controls and they kindly sent me a new 'Tx'. Now all seems to be working well.
There's a number of documents, flight manuals, trouble shooting files etc. also included on the disk which are not obvious unless you seach the disk.
As a I have not flown a model for some 10 years or so it is just what I need to give me some practice before I complete the Slope Soarer I am currently building.
Hopefully it will soon be back to the hills!!!
Rick.
P.S. From reading the FAQ file on the disk it would seem that my old Hitec Focus 6 Tx will work with this software if I buy a USB lead to plug into the buddy box socket. Anyone know who stocks these leads?

Edited By Rick Devonshire on 14/06/2010 07:52:14

• 2 months later...