w / T ???

David perry 1

Advert

Shaun, thanks for that. I'm aware of that system (and it's failings) but can't see they'd paaint that on an aileron. I dont think they had the jack style of interphones either on spits, but might be wrong.
Danny, the grounding thing is most lilkely Ithink, but its a heck of a stencil for "just" a bonding strap point.  Maybe though...

Merry Christmas,

D

Peter Vacher states in his book about the restoration of R4118 (Hurricane Mk1 G-HUPW) that they are 1 inch "W/T" stencils indicating electrical bonding points to minimise Wireless Telegraphy interference.

These are actually Spitfire ones I did on my YT Hurricane, this was before I realised they are very different on the Hurricane to the Spitfire, but you get the idea.

Cheers
Danny

Danny, thanks.  I guess they are then!

I was fortunate enough to go and see P V's spitfire under restoration (also hi FW190 and his Jurca Scirocco). Amazing to ssee the old technology up close and personal.

I used to own a Jurca Tempete (the one owned at one time by THE Peter Russell.         http://www.caa.co.uk/applicationmodules/ginfo/ginfo_photo.aspx?regmark=G-AYTV&imgname=G-AYTV001&imgtype=JPG ), hence I really went to see the Scrirocco...I was rather sirprised to see the warbirds too!

David

• 2 weeks later...
Danny, not really as it was a long time ago I was there . I haave no idea what became of the 190, but it was a hell of a beast when seen close up. One can truly imagine the pilots of the time who were to be trained on it being so incredibly excited by the prospect. A Krupps steel cowl over the oil cooler and bullet proof glass so that the pilots simply flew up the stream of allied bullets until they found the gun, then shot it.

D