The Dauntless build

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you back, missed your enjoyable build thread very much. They say time heals all, don't believe it. It's just that each day gets a bit better than the last and modelling helps.

good luck from Toronto. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for arriving so late to your blog Grahamd to see the fine job you are doing with the building of the Dauntless and to thank you for sharing it with all of us and learn with your experience and explanations.

At my age (61) I don' t believe in coincidences but, as the spanishes says, "qué las ay...las ay!" (sometime they seriouly happen!); in the finals of 2006 I was searching for a new project for the winter and I fall caught by the Dauntless after having read Phil Clark's articles about the construction of his Banshee in the late RC Scale International. SO, I decided it would be the Dauntless my new project.

In the early days of 2007 I' ve  ordered to John Mackie for the plans - John is a gentleman and a mate, he made a fine job for me in a few days (I' m in Portugal) sending the plans rolled and cutted to the best sise for cheapper air mail costs.

After having spent a few monthes studiing the plans, as John at that time had no laser cut parts to supply, I´ve ordered them from Unitracts that was selling them from Bob Holman.

I was prepared to begin and to order from JM the cowl and the canopy; in the meanwhile I was searching in the net for documentation about and I found a tremendous site about building the Dauntless: http:/www.tompierce.net - Tom was the Toledo 2004 winner in the US! I was indeed enthusiasmed at that time and suddenly I lost my mother!

Everything stopped at that moment 'cose I had lost my first link with hearth! That' s why I understand you and every people in this situation, but life is to be lived even with all our memories; so mate let' s go to the work and make the finishings be your balm! By my side, with your esample I'm going, finally,to order the cowl and the canopy from John!

Go ahead and let us know the development of your work.

Best wishes to you,

Augusto

PS: sorry for my english but as none of you speak portuguese...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Posted by ************ on 22/01/2009 18:27:30:
Hi Graham,

What's happening with your Dauntless build?

I know its been a long, long time and NOTHING, but after the death of my father things got silly at home, with my mother not excepting his death, and expecting me to almost live in, just in case she needed anything? But I'm happy to say a corner has been turned, and if its of interest I would be happy to share the dauntless with you ans I now put the past behind me and get on with building her ?

Over to you