What's happening to you in 2010

Bob,

I made the tailplane a fixture and used a wire joiner for the rudder just like an elevator joiner.

If I remember  correctly I had a bell crank under the tailplane seat to operate the elevator.

Must be 8 yrs ago since I built it,gave it away last year to make space in the garage for new stuff. The chap who has it is going electric with it.

I still have the plan somewhere.must have another look at it to refresh the grey cells.
Feel free to get in touch if you think I can help.

Enjoy the build.

Jim

Advert

Posted by Chris Channon on 04/01/2010 17:06:24:
I was going to build the Vulcan but seeing that it is not going to happen, any ideas what i can put a .91 two stroke in?

Chris.

You can put it in my shed if you like

I shall finish my Bi-Stormer which i should have finished at Christmas so i'm behind already!
I have plans for an electric Tiger Moth which i may start as well as Clive Smalley's "Ole Blue Nose"
I have a Keil Kraft Ladybird kit which i might get round to building soon.
Of course all the above might change and i will just fly what is already finished!!!

Julian

Hello and Happy New Year to you all.
 It looks I'm back again after a long time off through illness, however, I feel like building a Mercury V again after some 30 years or so since I built the last one. I'm after some advice here on 4 stroke engines of modern ilk. I've not owned one before, being an out and out 2 stroke flyer in the past. Like most folk of my age, you do notice a definite "slowing down" as things we knew we could do years ago, now seem to take a lot longer than they did!!!
 So my friends, any advice on a "gentlemans" 4 stroke that I may use in this model? I do look forward to your replies. 
     All my very best wishes to you all, Johan.

It looks I'm back again after a long time off through illness, however, I feel like building a Mercury V again after some 30 years or so since I built the last one. I'm after some advice here on 4 stroke engines of modern ilk. I've not owned one before, being an out and out 2 stroke flyer in the past. Like most folk of my age, you do notice a definite "slowing down" as things we knew we could do years ago, now seem to take a lot longer than they did!!!
 So my friends, any advice on a "gentlemans" 4 stroke that I may use in this model? I do look forward to your replies. 

I'm aiming for a relaxed flying style to start the year

Got a Mike Parry design RCM&E free plan "Hoehnia" nearing completion for a fun "hack" model.

I have also had the wood pack for a Big Ship on order from SLEC since mid Dec. I'll be picking that up next time I'm in their neck of the woods as soon as the snow clears.

The above two should take up Jan/Feb into March

Other bits that will see the light of day later in the spring...

I've had a Priory Models Silhouette - think 30's style low wing open cockpit monoplane - airframe 70% completed for a good long while now. That will get a Magister type colour scheme, and a PAW 35

I also have a Crash-E airframe awaiting covering (28" span traplet free plan, ail/ele cheapo electric job). Intention was to use that in the field up the road whenever I fancied a quick fly without the bother of packing the car for a trip to the club patch. However, my inability to make the motor/esc combo converse with each other, then getting similar issues from a second esc, rather dented my enthusiasm. I need to overcome that, so I'll revisit during Jan

Second half of the year. I'd like to be started on something scale (longish list of contenders at the moment) and also fancy trying one of Mr Nijhuis's .25 size racers

I shall be completing the "works" Senior Telemaster with flaps, the earlier inset, "barn door" ailerons, glider tow release and provision for fitting floats. Just waiting for the wing ribs to come back from the lazer cutter. Plan to use a Laser 90 engine. After that I'll be repairing my Uproar, AcroWot and Hooligan, though the latter is flyable. After that a 1/6 scale BE2e for electric power.

I hope the snow lasts until Thursday as I've just fitted skis to the Telemaster 40.

Talking of Telemasters, I am going to hold a Telemaster Day at the SMFC's flying field at Forton Aerodrome, Shropshire, sometime in the summer. All Telemaster owners/devotees welcome!

I have a nasty feeling that having had my own patch 10 mins away, I will be spending the early part of 2010 looking for anew field.  The River has spated and destroyed everything and is even now flowing across what was my field. The power and devistation of a mountain river spate has to be seen to be comprehended. So I am feeling panicky and bereaved, it was a beutiful field and a focus for many out door activities. A great loss. We have had six weeks of rain and storms now. Everyone has cabin fever. I am trying to get more workshop stuff done and I am having agreat time fixing a splattered YAK at the moment. It is not ALL bad , there is a club near Granada, an hour away, although I will need a 2.4 Ghz module to join. There is also a forestry helicopter station very nearwho might be sympathetic. Strange times anyway for me who has had ten tears of flying when I want! 

A link to the fix it blog (The insert link button is stuffed at the moment)

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=35753&p=1

Good luck all, F