E flite Blade SR

Bruce Richards

Must say I agree with regards etrm they can be a pain the bushes don't seem to like 11.1volts in the past I have used the dual motor config to split the work load of the tail motor used to get sick and tired of buyin new motors every week a company offered a brushless upgrade which cured it once and for all as I recollect my outlay in motors for the tail ended up costing more than the heli itself but the one point that went in its favour is I had full authority on the tail even below quarter throttle in a descent due to it not been driven by the main motor the newer etrm helis have direct drive motors as opposed to been geared thus increasing life and reducing workload unbalanced gear etc lots of vibration etc

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Richard Carpenter on 02/04/2010 19:56:30:
Hehe, yeah, thanks Peter : ) I'm really looking for a ccpm heli that I can properly get to grips with and learn on. E-flite have launched a new website just for the blade helis and revamped the mcx. I guess the brand is getting popular. http://www.bladehelis.com/

Then that would be the Thunder tiger Innovator. 
Having spent some time crashing CCPM helicopters ! was about to give up. As a last ditch I got and Hirobo XRB – expensive, but it taught me to hover and forward and backward flight, got me through the basics of orientation. I then got an Hirobo Quark – fantastic little machine, but again it enabled me to really fly a single rotor fixed pitch helicopter all over the place in the meadow next door, and was tough and very cheap to run, if expensive to buy.

I then thought I was ready for collective pitch, and like to be different so did not go T-REX 450, I nearly went Thunder Tiger Mini Titan, but actually bought an Outrage G5. Lovely machine, but way too big a step, and back to crashing. Paused for thought, and then got a Thunder Tiger Innovator MD530. Never looked back! Brilliant 1st CP helicopter. Sold both Hirobo XRB and Quark. Innovator got me hovering well in all orientations, forward, backward, sideways, piros, circuits, proper banked turns, even loops.

I now also fly my G5, and a Trex 250 and a Trex 500. I sold the Innovator MD 530 but still have an Innovator EXP. All down to the Innovator. I was on the verge of packing it all in – or sticking to the Quark as it was great fun, but weather limited.

• 4 months later...
Hey guys,

I bought one of these from the Nationals this past weekend and i seem to have a small problem.

Whenever i start to increase the throttle i only have to start the main blades spinning slowly and the tail rotor goes nuts, it keeps revving itself in 1-2 second bursts and spinning the chopper all over the place on the ground.  i have tried adjusting the gain on the tail rotor and gyro and basically everything that the manual says but i cant seem to find a solution.

Anyone got any ideas??

If not then i will just have to take it to my local shop and let them check it out and hopefully set it up for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Mine does the same, looks like the controller is U/S but as I brought it in UK and took it abroad I am stuffed.
reading the internet forums, this is a big problem with this heli.
Our local heli shop stopped selling them and will not touch mine as they say it is a known problem.
I Put it back in the box, and put it away permanently.
Will buy something with direct drive tail next time.

Darryl

Edited By Djay on 22/09/2010 12:56:22

Posted by michael birks on 02/04/2010 08:38:47:
Must say I agree with regards etrm they can be a pain the bushes don't seem to like 11.1volts in the past I have used the dual motor config to split the work load of the tail motor used to get sick and tired of buyin new motors every week a company offered a brushless upgrade which cured it once and for all as I recollect my outlay in motors for the tail ended up costing more than the heli itself but the one point that went in its favour is I had full authority on the tail even below quarter throttle in a descent due to it not been driven by the main motor the newer etrm helis have direct drive motors as opposed to been geared thus increasing life and reducing workload unbalanced gear etc lots of vibration etc

Let me send you a few ,,,,,,,,,,,, and .............. You can use them in strategic places to make your single sentence more intelligible. If you need a couple of carriage returns, let me know and I'll get some from the suppliers.

• 5 months later...
the blade sr is a great 1st colective pitch heli, but junk the standard transmitter and find some setting for your dx6i or dx7(internet forums) as you can make it a very forgiving heli for learning. i got one of the first in bnf, but horizon already had the best beginers heli now discontinued the cp pro 2 again throw the tranny as it is very twichy and the suspect programming throttle/ pitch curves, set it up on either a dx6i or dx7 these have become fantastic beginner helis yes they share honey bee head parts along with lots of others that means cheap spares £1 blades etc they seem to be very robust although i have totalled one my fault. luckily i purchased a few of the last of them when they discontinued them at about £80 each if horizon were to sell these again as a BNF @£80 then they would be on to a winner as they make a great beginners model and are fantastic for flying in small halls even outside on a calm day. the motor driven tail everyone says burn out, can't keep, up blow out, well i fly various other helis with either belt or torque tube to pitched tail. i have yet to burn out a tail motor as i run a lower head speed then standard and maybe it isn't as quick or as smooth as my more expensive helis but it works fantastically for beginners and even flying circuits.