E flite Blade SR

Bruce Richards

• 2 weeks later...
it does indeed look a nice heli,the one good thing about E-Flite Helis is that when they say they are setup and tested at the factory they actually are unlike some companys cough esky cough i could not believe the pitch setup up on a friends heli -7 to +3 and that was in normal mode not idle up,so have become quite fond of equipment distributed by Horizon Hobby namely the Msr i just sold to help fund my new Spektrum radio,but yes getting back to the SR it does look the Bizz the optional sunset canopy in orange and red looks the part,although i have just reverted back to nitro helis it will be good to have an electric one in the stable.

thankfully i wont have to,i should be back into gainful emplyment after been ill for some time,i would call it more a stock rotation in my wifes mind sell off last years equipment etc to buy the new,she can never understand why i have to have a handful of planes and two helicopters,wont one suffice?? i hear her say so as to keep the peace i rotate the collection,but no in all seriousness i am returning back to work after a lengthy spell at home playing with depron etc,looking forward to returning to work i have a new raptor to maintain to.

• 1 month later...
Now the SR is in stock with model shops is anybody thinking of getting one, or even have one already? The cheapest I've seen is ?160, although I'm sure a few deals will start to creep on eBay soon. I'm seriously tempted, although I don't need the TX. Do you guys have any suspicions as to how much the bind 'n' fly will cost?

• 3 weeks later...
Bizarrely Peter it looks as though we've switched positions!
When I first saw the SR I thought it would be perfec as my first proper heli, although some of the advice I've read on a few heli sites suggests a Blade 400 programmed with a more gentle set-up for a novice might be a better option because it's slightly larger, has a direct drive tail and spares cost the same or less.

Because I have a DX7 and a few of the right size lipos it seems to make sense. It's going to be the next step from a coaxial for me, so if you guys have any suggestions that'd be great.

really like the optional canopy sunset red,hopefully going to try and get a bind n fly version i would prefer practising 3d with an electric heli as opposed to using my Raptor due to the cost of spares,i used a cp2 for a while and loved the fact that it would only cost 15-20 after a major crash the cp3 would be a viable alternative but as usual i really dont need another tranny plus the good point about E-Flite gear is when then say it's set up at the factory it does seem to true,i had a lot of fun with my MSR and was chuffed to bits when i heard it had a bigger brother i will hang on until the better weather arrives and the price has settled,i think the BNF price is around £145 but perhaps someone has seen a better deal????  happy easter!!