First Solo!

Simon Roberts

Im so excited still from Sunday! I met up with Andy my instructor at the field and he said lets get some approaches done, so i was flying circuits and setting up the approach, after about the 4th approach i felt comfortable and he said lets go for a landing, i floted the Thunder Tiger ready in beautifully for a 3 pointer! I was so so happy its unreal.

No sooner as i had landed he said get fueld up we are going for a take off now! after a few ground runs we went for it and climbed away beautifully, then into the circuit for about 9 mins and called landing! Again another lovely landing (so Andy said) with no dramas, im still smiling to myself now and thinking i cant wait for this weekend!!

Advert

Well done Simon. I flew a plane for the first time last Saturday after taking a 29 year break from flying to get married and have a family. I have been practicing on a sim and it's all come flooding back but I am just as chuffed now as when I first learned to fly, (with an instructor but no trainer systems back then) as a teenager, (I'm 50 now). Well done again.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...