The "GumCam"

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with an 8 gig card, as I use 4 gig's and think the battery is only good for about an hour (which uses about 4 gig.)

Have fun.

I just posted a couple more cheapo mini dv vids on You Tube.

An underhousing for an MD80 made from a urine sample jar!  And my MD 80 mounted in my paraglider canopy last week. (OK not model flying, but may be of interest?)

My 8Gb Class 4 SD card arrived today so I finally got the chance to try out my new KeyFob Cam (v.3).  Plugged in a USB cord (one that came with my Fuji camera), and stuck it in the PC.  The yellow light came on continuous and the PC recognised it instantly, and I was able to access the SD card via Windows Explorer.   I allowed the USB to charge it up for about an hour and then did a safe unplug from the PC.  As I did so the yellow light went out, and I have been unable to switch the FobCam on.  I have tried the reset button, and have tried plugging to the PC again with the same result as before.  But when I unplug from the PC, same result, yellow light goes out and it will not switch on.  

Have I got a dud, or am I doing something wrong?

There are quite a few  variations of these cameras now, so it's hard to know what to suggest?

Chuck Lohrs site lists 'safe practices'   , because it is possible pemanently damage them by certain button press actions.

I plug mine in turned off. The light comes on and after unplugging, turn it off.

They won't turn on without a card inserted?

I guess you could try plugging in while holding the mode button on?  Which usually puts them into  web cam mode, (if you've loaded the driver.)  But like I say, beware some combinations of button presses can apparently fry the device! Chuck's site has advice.

You may have dud, I've had one which I returned for a refund.  I just bought another for £6 74 including postage!  According to Chuck's site, that supplier is selling the #3 type camera which is reckoned to be the best version.  I'll let you know when I get it.

This supplier also apparently sells the version #3

• 2 months later...
Bobs underwater footage gives me an idea for a mate of mine who works in aircraft restoration for Hendon and a certain aircraft discovered in a few feet of salt water that will at some point be salvaged for rebuild.
They need to see inside the cockpit section and other parts of the airframe so this idea may well do the trick and all for about fifteen quid instead of the few grands worth of equipment they were talking about, taped to the end of a fibreglass fishing rod it could be inserted anywhere and if lost then no problem, its only a few quid gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Nice video but it looks cold.  How does Vimeo compare with Utube?

You can change the date by using the 808clockset programme 

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/#Instructions

edit Tried to use link but can get there 

Last try at link     give up

Edited By Hamish McNab on 18/12/2010 21:16:18

Edited By Hamish McNab on 18/12/2010 21:17:43

Edited By Hamish McNab on 18/12/2010 21:20:51

Edited By Hamish McNab on 18/12/2010 21:24:33