Battery Storage

Erfolg

Recent events have given me cause to change my procedure in managing (looking after) my lipos.

One of the changes I intended making is storing the batteries in our built on garage. I was reticent as the boiler  for the CH is housed there. In the past I have one boiler fail spraying water all over the garage after the thermostat failed, obviously not fail safe.

I now have the solution, a converted cutlery box that my wife was throwing out.

A few simple partitions, plenty of room for more. Best of all I can now slowly put all in one place, as I remember where or what they are in and hopefully keep them secure and in a cool garage.

Erfolg

Advert

My missus is very helpful with keeping stuff that might be useful for modelling - trouble is she's sometimes a bit too helpful!

About a year ago I spotted one of those plastic containers with a hinged lid that "Liquitabs" come in. Mmmm, I thought that could be just what I want to keep some servo horns etc in. So I asked if she could keep it for me when it was finished. Sure enough about a week later the box appeared on my workbench - "Thanks love".

A few days ago she collared me as I was going out "And another thing, when are you going to do something with those boxes they're cluttering the place up?"

"What boxes?"

I went into the untility room and there is a stack of about 20 of these things!

"You said you wanted me to keep them - and they just pile up here"

I've been married 23 years and I'm far too smart to argue...

"Oh yes, err thanks love, they're really handy." When she wasn't looking a helped myself to another three (just in case) and put the others in a bin on the way to work. Wow I hope she never reads this

BEB

Biggles

Strange you should mention the Liquitab containers, I also use them. In my case for storing the parts for projects. Servos, ESC, motor wheels etc. Most useful.

For general storage I have four double sided multi compartment storage boxes from Aldi.

Erfolg