c of g help for all

inspector9566

Advert

• 3 months later...
bundubasher if you click on the link in the first post at the top of this page you can put the measurements of any monoplane you have into this link and it will tell you the best c of g i have used it many times and it works great then you can fine tune it for your own style of flying.

Hi Diamond Geezer
For an aircraft to be stable in pitch, its CG must be forward of the
    Neutral Point NP by a safety factor called the Static Margin, which
    is a percentage of the MAC (Mean Aerodynamic Chord).
    Static Margin should be between 5% and 15% for a good stability.
I dont use this box I put in the measurements from the plane let the program do its thing and set the plane to this setting and then fine tune to my taste and flying style for that plane.
hope this helps

• 1 month later...
Hi Diamond Geezer I cant help with your problem as I havent come across it when I have used this site but this is the home page for this site right at the bottom there is an email me box they might be better positioned to help you.
hope you sort it as its a great little program.

Stephen it might be worth an email to them to see if this program would do what you need it to do for you.

I would be interested to see how you both get on.

Edited By inspector9566 on 01/08/2010 21:33:09

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry guy's N gals for this old dog. Im trying to work out the  C o G of a plane, To start with I tried the link at the top of this thread,Spent a hour measureing and re-measuring!! And at 15%static margin it tells me the  CoG is 139mm from the leading edge, If i use the way of adding the root of the wiing plus the tip of the wing then in my case its 320mm + 220mm = 540mm then devide by 2 = 270mm times by 0.333 = 89.91mm from the leading edge??

Get's worse, Use the 30% of the root in my case 320mm devide it by 3 = 106.6mm from the leading edge ??

If i lower the static margin then the CoG goes back even more.

This is the plane i just bought it,