uk manufacturers of epp gliders

Advert

we were talking today at our field about the fact that the only EPP models now that are made in the uk are the SAS one's......we are not exactly spoilt for choice...now that the pheonix models are no longer made........any new kit manufacturer's on the horizon(uk) ?

ken anderson........

thanks to everyone pointing out the servos in th wrong position on my wt i will change them easy enough to do.
as for uk epp kit manufacturers it really is limited i have also ordered a guppy from the states the postage is over half as much as the model. any suggestion regarding covering the guppy to britishise it 

Posted by Tom Satinet on 04/03/2010 14:48:19:
There is another guy called Rob Broughton, but he does not have a presence on the Web.

He makes some good models though. 
But no you are pretty limited in your choices when it comes to buying British.  
 Tom, how does one find the models made by Ron Broughton? Are they distributed by a shop?

hello colin-check out 'my photo' album reguarding the guppy.......when you get your kit you'll find the instructions are pretty sparse........there is a build blog for one on the web...give me or one of my staff(enrico the foreign lad)...a shout and we'll pass on any info you req...... the 'guppy' is one really good flyer....and if you order 3 they all go in the same box...and the postage is the same for one.

ken kansas anderson............ne 1..

Posted by Andy Freeman on 04/03/2010 15:17:17:
Posted by Tom Satinet on 04/03/2010 14:48:19:
There is another guy called Rob Broughton, but he does not have a presence on the Web.

He makes some good models though. 
But no you are pretty limited in your choices when it comes to buying British.  
 Tom, how does one find the models made by Ron Broughton? Are they distributed by a shop?

Andy has sorted you out with his contact details, but as he said we are talking about a quite different type of model than something like a WT.  think heavy and fast with "advanced" finishing techniques.

• 1 year later...

F.Y.I. ,

"Goop" or , if bought from an auto parts store ,"Automotive Goop" , WAS available here in the U.K. in certain shoe shops and hardware stores as "Shoe Goo" , intended for the repair of simple holes in shoe soles - 'cept that it did'nt ! I tried . I t is , however good for gluing stuff we use , foam and such , but you could get a similar effect with silicone . Now I think on it , the smell of Goop is very similar to Bostik , but Goop comes in a large tube and is cheaper , I get mine on stateside visits , from Wal-Mart , and my dwindling stockpile has become very valuable , as I can't get out there any longer due to my ill health . At least for a while ,anyways .

Just a thought on this - how 'bout "No more nails" ? Can't think why this would'nt work .