Cyrill Carr Aero L59 PSS Build

David Gilder

A little update!

Managed to get 30 mins earlier to cover the wings!

So now the model is covered in its base white! Starting to look more like it!

image.jpg

Next stage will be the scheme which may take some time but got a few days off soon so will be cracking on with that soon! (Oh, and the tip tanks!!)

Will update when some more has been done!

Dave.

Just a note..

currently the model with elevator servo installed but minus the ailerons, aileron servo, tip tanks, Rx and Lipo weighs in a a measly 405g. So with everything installed and the extra covering for the design, it should come in nicely under the 1kg mark.

Perfect for those light lift times me thinks!!!

Well having spent the whole days today sorting out wedding invites, I finally got 30 mins to look at the design for the model!

Having drawn out a few pencil lines around the rear end, it was time to get the scissors, the Stanley blade and some solar film, plug in the covering iron and crack on. (I only had 30 mins though!)

So here's the first clue for the design!

image.jpg

Guesses are welcome... except Phil as he gave me the design idea!!

Dave.

Small update again.
Got a bit more covering done today, and with the assistance of my mum who went to visit my grandma in Leeds, the other colour I need has been purchased and will be with me in a day or 2!
So a bit more covering done on the fuselage and the underside of the wings and this is how things look:
image.jpg
As always, I will update when I can!
Dave.

Right then.

The needed covering arrived on Saturday evening having kindly been picked up from Leeds Model Shop! By my mum! Thanks Mum.

Unfortunately, night shift got in the way on Saturday and last night, but I wasn't going to let that stop me!

So having finished work this morning at 0700, treated myself and the future Mrs G to a McDonalds breakfast, it was time to crack on!

This should give you all a bit more of a clue about the design scheme!

I have to be honest, I'm really enjoying doing this scheme... Cheers for the idea Phil!

image.jpg

Wasn't going to hold you to the deadline Dave it was only a bit of fun!! And I wouldn't want to steal your thunder on the announcement either!!!

Upload the colour 3-view and tell 'em all about the unusual (and now superceded! surprise) colours youve settled on!!

Its looking great by the way, I cant wait to see this with the decals on and a few key panel lines... a very pretty scheme.

Panel lines? We'll see about that!!

okay then. The design.

This is the colour scheme used by the Team 'Russ' aerobatic display team between 1998 to late 2011.

The display team was founded in 1987 by the Russian Military using L29 aircraft, but due to its high stabiliser causing issues, they moved onto the L39.

In 2012, the team transitioned from being a Military ate am to a completely civil team.

As the team are still based at The Vjazma Aviation Training Center, this to became civil registered which allowed easier access for the team to display in 'foreign' countries.

More information can be found here.

The team, having become civilian, repainted the aircraft in the now used black and yellow - picture below!

Thats about it really.

Thanks to Phil for the scheme idea and the associated website links!

Below is the picture I have used to complete the covering and then the new black and yellow scheme!

Thanks.

Dave

image.jpg