Zero

Well done , it looks really good .

I have reciently pranged mine and started building a new one with a few small mods , most notably I've moved the firewall forward by 2 cm but hopefully the cowl will only move forward by 5mm so should still look good. Its in a attempt to bring the weight down (smaller motor and lipo) , have you weighed yours ?.

The builds been put on hold a bit as I bought a H9 P47 with an electric setup

Tell us how it flies

• 3 weeks later...
I started building my Zero in late Jan this year, not had a chance to take it out & fly but if the weather stays like it was today it shouldn't be too long. I think I managed to get the weight at about 1 OZ under target

Posted by rActive on 08/04/2010 21:25:18:
Nice builds, I did the corsair a few years ago. Great fun on low fast staffing runs. Watch the c of g, too far back and it gets very twitchy. Glide is brick like at this weight and size to fly it right to the ground before cutting the throttle and flairing gently. We should all get together for a dog fight

I've already got a steve griffiths designed p-40 from the free plan a few years ago so hopefully i'll get my dad flying that or the zero and it'll be the classic: P-40s against Zeros this summer at our field

• 1 month later...
yep should be flying today. weight went up from 16 ounces which is really quite light to about 18oz with the addition of noseweight to balance it. All the radio is also as far forward as possible, the satellite receiver of my AR6200 is actually mounted inside the cowl along with the motor and ESC  fingers crossed it goes well

ok thanks allan that could be it, i flew a few rolls and they were very strange, barelled inwards rather than axial or the barrel that i fly with my p-40 which i fly intentionally. Strangely, the plan calls for upthrust?! so i shall probably change that

pete sorry didn't get any pics of the zero today as the 1st flight was a trim --> is it flying right --> no  --> ok land, go home and try fix it . got some great pics from the day tho of my maniac (started a thread in RCM&E plan builders) and my hyperion edge 540 (another thread in build blogs) which i will post soon

• 2 months later...

I've clocked up over an hour flying the Zero & found that it fly’s a lot more smoothly With some washers under the top engine mount to give it a bit of down thrust + theCG has been moved forward a couple of mm, still tends to balloon slightly when the Throttle is cranked open, but great fun to fly..