Should model flying open up a new thread?

Hi all,

Im hopeing to catch someones attention here. I think we should open a new thread for people who design there own planes.

I think it would be great and very interesting indeed, you may even stumble across a designer/builder that doesent know his own potential.

It could also inspire some people into doing it themselves and even just into building. Thoughts please.

Cheers all,
Craig Spence.

Advert

Well some of you may remmber the FW42, which I drew up, well it would have been OK if I had not listened to a expreinced club mate, "c.g all wrong" well what he added absolutly destroyed it, my point is that if you don't try and go by "gut feelings" (amoungst others), you may get success, the other was my W.W (not again says David) in which I transformed for E.P to I.C., that is a success 
A.A Barry

Edited By A.A. Barry on 30/03/2010 13:48:39

I think this is a cracking idea. As rActive says with the kit sales getting fewer, plan builds declining, the march of the all embracing ARTF, those of us who like building may all be designing our own soon! A thread will help the less knowledgable in this area (me very much included there!) to learn more about the process before "having a go"!

BEB

BEB, a minor dissagreement, the following from a previous post by rActive

Yes please, great idea. Especially if the increase in kit sales continues, this is the next step.

-------------------
I hope this new Forum area gets a good response althouigh i shall only watch.

BEB
You are talking exactly about what I was thinking of on my thread about a new small business . I could possibly make up kits of home designs (I have one in mind )
My problem would be the fancy packaging .Probably cost more than the contents .
Yes!  It would be a plan -full size , AND cut out your own parts off sheets of selected balsa /or whatever .provided .
Aren't we all aeromodellers because we're creative / innovative / intelligent .
Maybe just a kit like the old KK ones might just catch on .Don't get me wrong by the way ! I know for a fact that there is not a lot of money to be made out of it __ just satisfaction & maybe hopefully giving satisfaction to the next possible generation of modellers . I'd like to be remembered for something !
Myron