Servo Twitching

Greetings, I am not sure this s the right place for this query, but I think it is more a general radio question rather than specifically Spectrum related.

I have had a handfull of successful flights with my Dragon Lady 40.  I have a spectrum RX500 Receiver in it and at the moment I am using my DX5.

What is happening is that in mid flight, on a straight line, the rudder (and only the rudder) twitches violently... Rather disconcerting.

We have checked the Battery - fully charged. 

The Ariel is not being interfered with (I don't think).

The realy annoying thing is, that we cannot replicate this on the ground.

Any thoughts?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Hugh

Advert

Strangely enough, I had a similar issue a while back on my Jart which had been modded with a rudder. It would behave fine on the ground, and yet after each flight, the rudder was way off centre. As it was extreemely difficult to access the servo, I ended up simply disconnecting it. This was a DX7 and AR7000  set up.

• 5 weeks later...
I solved it.

While I was starting to remove the Rudder Servo to replace it with a new one, I noticed that one of the lead wires was loose in the plug and was not making a positive connection to the pin in the RX.
Easy fix.  Remove plug from RX, fit lead wire correctly and secure with small drop of CA in rear of Plug.
Re-connect plug in RX.

It's usualy something simple.

Cheers,

Hugh