Advert

There used to be one in the Plans list for free flight or control line, ideal for electric conversion I would say with my very limited electric experience. Check out the website David gave above.
It was a plan that everyone bought and once a year they would open out,study it, shudder and put it away again.

Peter, you're right about looking once a year (April 1st??) shuddering and putting it away again. I used to have the plan for the rubber powered Halifax, -Rupert Moore I think?- with all four props driven by gears off a central rubber motor!!! Must admit I bought it just to study, but it had the same "shudder" factor! It went missing, along with a lot of other plans, during a house move some years ago.

I saw the original model HP 42 fly back in 54 or 55 as a control liner (The plan showed the C/L conversion). IT was being flown by the designer at a Battle of Britain day at Debden. They flew it in the hangar. Looking back, I would not have wanted to fly it outside.
I saw a Short Scion at Old warden many years ago, another gear driven twin. I shall never forget the sound as the solder on one of the gears let go and all the rubber unwound in about one second flat. Brought tears to the eyes!

Albert,
On the right-hand-side of this screen there is a large blue square that flashes '3000 plans', it's about on the same level as your original message.
Left Click on that square and it takes you straight to the plans website.
Type in fsp615 into the window labelled 'Search by' and then left click on the button labelled Search.

Details of the HP42 plan should come up.

Albert, I think the two motors on the top wing are going to make the model prone to tipping onto its nose on take-off so be careful how you open up the throttles (or fit two less powerful engines up there). I hope it works out for you, it will look really impressive in the air.
Did you know there are plans to build a flying replica - now that will be impressive - but it is a very long term project and won't be cheap.
For details (and a lot of other info on Imperial Airways) go to :- http://www.imperial-airways.com/Menu_page.html
Steve

Thanks Steve for your input. I intend to use 4 electrics instead of just 2 gas engines and that should stay the problem of nose over.

I have been in touch with "Club Imperial" I've sent them money but have heard nothing and they do not answer their E-mail when I query what happened to my $ 60. I'm not sure if this is just a scam or something. Albert