Slope soaring sights Dorset

Hi there

I have recently redescoverd soaring again after a layoff of about 15 years, (I never did that messy power stuff) & im in the prosess of making my airframes, old though they may be servicable again. (proving a chalenge as they dont manufacture half the kits that iv built from in the past & alot of bits are missing).
I spend a lot of my time in Dorset & Devon (Parents live there)& was wandering if all you Dorset/Devonions could let me know whare you fly & what wind is best? I have looked at Charmouth which looks good, though it was blowing a hooley when I was there & only a hooligan would through something off the cliff.

Advert

Hi

I used to live about 8 miles north of Bournemouth. I started my flying days with soarers. The site I used was a place called Wind Green Hill accross the border in Wiltshire. It was about 20 minutes drive. If I recall it was National trust property and it had 2 slopes which gave you a 2nd option if the wind changed direction. However that was a few ago and I presume the site is still available

If memory serves me I first watched a lad flying a middle phase one off the Cliffs/sand dunes at Christchurch and thought " I wanna do that " from that day I was hooked to the Hobby!

I miss my soaring as the mountainous region of Lincolnshire dont warrant it. I tend to fly over sized Egg Beaters now as Timbo refers!

Happy flying Al

• 2 weeks later...