Which model - Help, advice appreciated

Steve Colman

Hi everyone,

I returned to the hobby about 2 years ago after a very long absence. I was about to buy a MX EasyStar but got sidetracked into helis which I've been flying for 18 months. Now, I wish to return to planes but I can't decide what to get.

I have a DX6i + Rx's + spare servos and a few other bits and pieces.

I am looking for something stable and relaxing to fly and have narrowed my search down to the following:

MX EasyStar
AXN Floater Jet, 4ch ( from HobbyCity) Very similar to EZ and has some good reviews but spares availability could be a problem.
Graupner Elektro UHU
Graupner Terry S - Appeals because I have some suitable brushed motors + esc, and many 2S 800-1000mah lipos which I could possibly use for a basic setup.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

Advert

The Easy Star is what really got  me started on duration flying of any sort and when I did deck it it survived admirably.It allows  you to carry on through the Mpx range very well.I went on to Easy Cub.Twinstar  and Mentor.Today I started to put together an Easy Cub,si it continues

Many thanks for your reply Stephen.
I think I'm going to go with the Easy Star.  My LHS ( not many here in Spain ) stocks Multiplex kits and has a Ready for Radio version for 120 Euros ( £102.00 ) which seems to be a good price. Also, if (when) I prang it getting spares will be convenient too.

Cheers,

Steve.

I think you will be pleased with the Hobbyking AXN floater or the Easy Fly Glider, you mentioned in your FP. You said you already have a radio so you will save a few bucks compared to the MX easy star.

This link might give you some nice information regarding these planes and batteries: http://www.rc-international.info/Blog/post/Good-airplanes-for-FPV-(first-person-view).aspx 

Wow, it arrived at 11.00 am.
Almost set up, radio installed and sorted, etc. Just some fine tuning to do on throws and should be ready to maiden tomorrow.

AUW = 401g with 800mah lipo
             412g with 10000
             452g with 1300

Should be a real floater.

Vey nice stylish looking model although I am a bit disappointed with the fit of some of the parts. I expected better to be honest.

Steve.