2 ChFutaba self centreing mechanism sought.

Rick Devonshire

I have a Futaba 2 Ch Tx some 10 years old which has been used to sail boats up to now. My son would like to use it in a glider now so needs the LH stick converted to self centreing.>>

Does anyone have the necessary spring mechanism to do this that they don’t want or know from whom one can be purchased please? >>

Rick>>

Advert

To be honest if its on 27Mg or 40 then it wouldn't be wise to use it for planes (It shouldn't of course be on 35 that's only for planes not boats!) and as its 10 year old technology has moved on a pace since then and there are lots of good sets available now at quite reasonable prices some with mixes and rates on and in any case 2 channels is hardly enough except for a really basic glider, perhaps not what you wanted to hear but my 2p worth

Flite08 

Posted by Flite08 on 17/06/2010 11:06:13:

To be honest if its on 27Mg or 40 then it wouldn't be wise to use it for planes (It shouldn't of course be on 35 that's only for planes not boats!)

Not only shouldn't but mustn't. If you use 35 MHz for anything other than flying models, it's highly illegal and potentially very expensive in fines!

As Flite08 says, it's a bit risky, though quite legal, to use 27 MHz as it's shared with all sorts of other users but I've flown a Parkzone Spitfire many times at our field without incident although I finally got round to sticking a 35MHz receiver in recently.

Edited By Martin Harris on 17/06/2010 12:48:23

It's often more a case of removing something.  Many stick units use a plastic pin to depress part of the mechanism which removes the self centring (when swapping modes you simply swap a cover plate between units with the pin built in) so it's worth looking to see if there's a similar arrangement on yours.

Edited By Martin Harris on 17/06/2010 12:53:06

Thanks for the words of warning chaps. I didn't make it clear that the Tx is a 2Ch Attack -SR on 27meg.
What we are after is replacement swing arm and spring to make the LH stick self centre once more, the instructions are in the handbook. Sadly when we converted it to ratchet operation we lost the swing arm and spring we took out (twits)! 

Does anyone have an old or broken Tx they don't want?
Rick.

Edited By Rick Devonshire on 17/06/2010 15:48:04