South Suffolk flying site needed

I am a member of the Ipswich MFC and the club flying site has moved to north Essex and is simply too far to go, it would mean an hour and a half drive for me which I can't really justify.
Does anybody know of a site in the Ipswich area? I don't mind a 30 -45 minute drive.
You'd think in a rural county like Suffolk there would be plenty of space but I've drawn a blank so far.

Advert

There is also the Rougham site which is under the banner of Bury St Edmunds Model Flying Club.
 Newmarket have 2 very good sites which are the Rowley mile Racecourse for Bungee launch and hand launch electric flying on even channels if using 35mhz .
The site is only available after 16:00 weedays and after 13:00 weekends. No flying on racedays.
Then we have the Snailwell site which is a superb patch completely secure 24hours and owned by Godolphin Racing, They allocated us a patch which is superbly maintained and can be used for any models and is currently used with odd channels if using 35mhz. Open every day from 11am until visibility is poor 365 days, some exceptons may be in place during race days. Training evenings are Tuesdays and Thursdays 18:30

Contact Jerry Carter (Chairman)
or Colin Dews (Vice Chairman)
Colin is a dear gentleman of 83 years and currently flies a Titan for towing large gliders and has also been flying in full size glider competitions in past years.

Hope this helps. regards. Noel

Edited By Noel Starling on 29/06/2010 15:58:02

Edited By Noel Starling on 29/06/2010 16:03:46

Edited By Noel Starling on 29/06/2010 16:05:06

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 29/06/2010 16:06:07

Phoenix MFC are just south of Lowestoft, it's about 45mins from north Ipswich, just depends which side of Ipswich you are. Phoenix has 7 day per week flying 10am - dusk.

There is also a club at Parham near Framlingham, but I think membership has restrictions.

Hope this helps.

Edited By Andy Mc on 03/07/2010 10:12:04

Posted by Andy Butler on 12/07/2010 13:01:08:

Andy - I used to fly at the Phoenix site a few years ago when I lived in Lowestoft  - remember me?

Hi Andy, I saw the name and assumed it was another AB. Yes fella, I do remember a fellow Pink Floyd fan and your wife who served on HMS Illustrious during her naval career. Glad to see you're still flying, come and give us a look some time if you're up this way, it'd be great to see you.  Did you ever finish that Airsail Tomahawk?