The September 2010 issue

Advert

Hi,
FInished reading the first part of the review of the Aurora 9 and the photos have confirmed my suspiscions... I am in love with the look of this radio!!!

As a mere DX5 user, i am looking to upgrade and want to give a radio with a computer a go... As a "yooth", and beginner to programming would this be easy to use? I do find myself able to work out most computers as a bit of a "techie" if i do say so myself.

I don't really have the budget to buy say a DX6 then upgrade again in a couple years time, as i will probably want to get my little fleet of models onto the same ttype of radio and stick to it.

Any suggestions would be warmly appreciated

Cheers 

Paddy

Greetings , Received my copy yesterday morning, read it from cover to cover as usual, good to  see Peter Lowe back. Tony Nijhuis tips are excellent ,can we have more in the future? and of course Alex Whittaker his photography is second to none. Went to the LMA show at Cosford saw quite a few of people  walking away with arms full of balsa and ply so it looks like a revival of traditional builds, must admit I picked up some more supplies for the coming build season. Liked the new format but where is the wizard of oz , Probably all wrung out after his effort in the Anniversary edition, which by the way brought back many happy memories.
 by for now
Dave 

Having read the article in "Switch On" about thievery (which makes my blood evaporate with rage!) I thought you may like to know about this:

www.immobilise.com

I hadn't heard of it untill I went into a local cop shop and happened to see the leaflet, so maybe it's not being promoted as much as it could be. Still, any little helps.

*Note: LHF is in no way affiliated with the above mentioned web site and is just spreading the news because he is a nice fellow who you would probably quite like if you met him socially and kept him away from your wives and daughters*

Posted by Steve Woodward on 14/08/2010 23:08:22:
Loved the article on the Firefly engine. Is it still possible to get the drawings? Might have a go on the Myford......

My brother Glenn did all the Firefly CAD drawings although  I'm not sure what the agreement is regarding distribution after the original prototypes were built.

Let me know if you're genuinely interested and ill try and get something together (providing its ok with the mag and Mr W)