Bickley Scale Meet

The Bickley Scale Meet is on the 8th August and is open to all scale type aircraft. It is a fly-in, not a comp so all are welcome as long as you have your 'A' or above.

Pilots briefing will be at 10.15 with flying starting at 10.30.

Booking in from about 9am and all non Bickley members (that fly) will be charged £5

The Bickley club only has use of odd 35mhz frequencies plus 2.4g of course.

There will be a food wagon on site from 7am

Gregg Veasey
www.bickleymfc.co.uk

Advert

That's only slightly less helpful Gregg

Kc, you need the village of Sutton at Hone. The Bickley club site seems down at the moment but here's a map. It's one horse village so half way down the main street turn down Church Road (school) and bear right down a narrow lane, past the old church on your right and then when the road turns sharp right go straight ahead through a metal gate (that's normally locked but left open for fly-ins), follow the narrow road down, past another gate and the club site will appear on your right (can't miss it).  

slightly less helpful???  I would ad a pic of a map but don't know how!

The club website is working fine and has a map on it?  www.bickleymodelflyingclub.co.uk

I would also prefer those coming to use the site on the left not the right?

Edited By Gregg Veasey on 30/07/2010 11:18:05

Edited By Gregg Veasey on 30/07/2010 11:37:19

I now have a little more time to reply. Apologies for the rushed reply's last week.

The event is this coming Sunday but camping is possible Saturday night (FREE) as long as you let me know first.

Spectators are welcome and will not be charged. You only get charged if you book in a transmitter. 

We will be again running a wrist band system so that we know EVERYONE has booked in.

David kindly gave specific directions above but should you get lost, TJD models is where to head and they'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

The event will be scale only till 5pm after which anything can be flown.

Despite booking in it will be run off the peg throughout the day so all flyers on 35 meg will need a peg which has both their name and frequency on it. They will be some there though for when you forget!

And remember that it is a very relaxed event and not a comp!  You are just as welcome with an ARTF extra 300 as you are with a scratch built 1/3 scale warbird

Hope to see some of you there.

Edited By Gregg Veasey on 02/08/2010 16:55:55

Gregg id like to come to this if possible. my planes would be my warbird replica spitfire, 1/4 scale tiger moth and my trusty old puppeteer would they be suitable for the event. ? ive only just read this event as i just became a member of rcm&e.