Pulse xt 60

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Well I am about to order but does anyone have any comments about this model.

the only thing negative point I have heard about this model is the U/C can spread out over time and can cause prop clearence issues.

I will probably try and get a suitable carbon replacement from carbon copy.

I think I willl also beef up the U/C mounting block. this may add a little extra weight but top performance is not what I am after. I hope it might extend the life of the model

Any comments guys?

Stephen I see you have had some bad luck recently but thats how it goes somtimes. with your large collection I am sure you wont get grounded

Hi Phil B
I would say you are going the right way beefing up the U/C mounting as I did this to the Pulse 40 as it seemed not too good and after dozens and dozens of flights I have had no prob. Also I fly with supplied U/C and have found it fine so maybe yours might be ok even though the 60 is heavier than the 40
Garry

thanks Garry

Just waiting untill payday before I can order. I will give the standard U/C a try first and it may well be ok.

I just read it may spread on a few forums but those guys had 4s power with 16 inch props. Mine will have 2 stroke power so a smaller prop

Edited By Phil B on 19/08/2010 18:54:44

May be

There was mention of the model being funny to land and tended to float on. But my feeling when reading that was you should alow for the handeling of any particular model and adjust your approch to suit.

But most of what I have read only prassed this model and it was vice free. I have flown low wing before (only a couple of flights) but this will be a step up from my WOT trainer

Phil B
I forgot to mention that the 40 does tend to float on so I expect the 60 will be the same. I find the 40 flyes and lands far better in a good wind. I have flown the 40 in 20 to 25 mph without any probs. However thanks to a member of this forum I fly the 40 with flaperons and this has transformed the  landings
Garry

my WOT trainer tends to be a floater so I am used to it now but I will experiment with flaperons or spoilerions I have heard of both been used on the pulse 60.

the electric set up looks tempting but as I already own an engine I will use that to save on spending any more dosh (would be a shame to waste it)

Hi Shugla
Lets get one thing staight, I am as thick as a plank trying to sort out a computer TX . I also fly mode 4 with a spektrum DX 7. Fortunatly we have the forum and I asked for help and got it A member came back to me  and the thread it  "can I operate flaperons on mode 4" makes good reading and only yesterday or day before. I use them as flaps ie going down, but have managed to mix in elevator so as flaps are deployed the elevator compenceates for any balloning. Hope this helps
Garry

Sounds like good thinking Phil.  I got the Calmato Sports 60 instead of the Pulse.  Wish I got the Pulse now.  No real rudder authority on the Calmato.  It'l knife edge and do outside bunts.  Overal I still prefer my Wot T.  A chap at my patch has the Pulse, and it do look nice.

Still, Im on annual leave from Sunday - 2 weeks at the patch - Yeaaah !  I have an enlarged Wot 4 (68") with a Zenoah 23 cc Petrol up front to play with !

Let us know how you get on with the Pulse.  I may still be tempted

BB

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 20/08/2010 01:48:51

Pulse 60 now delivered but still in the box. Now reading up on this model other users have reported the hatch coming of mid flight when a glow engine is used.

Its only held on by magnets and probably vibrates off (electric users dont seem to suffer this proplem)

I need a simple way to hold it on BUT I dont want it visable from the outside. ie an elastic band or servo arm catch would look ugly.

Ive been missing my Pulse XT 40 and considered at some point in buying the 60 but didnt really have an engine that would fit it.Ive just decided to fit a Thunder Tiger 91  4 stroke  I just had a deal with my mate for and fit it into my Sea Fury.This leaves me with a spare SC 91 2 stroke thatll fit nicely into a Pulse 60.May be Ive just found my Xmas present to myself.All I need now is to do some business