Skype Night

Big Bandit

Looking forward to speaking to you all,

Myron,

Start up Skype and click on new. Add my Skype name (Bigbandit12) Click on call at the top, and it will call me, if I'm not on line it will leave a message. I'll call you back as soon as I'm back on line. Looking forward to speaking to you.

Chris.

Tonight ,by skype,I spoke with Eric Bray (no webcam) and I saw and spoke with Chris Jordan (Big Bandit).They returned me in my youth....because I was excited as a young girl on a first date  It was instructive and useful ,thank them ,again,for a  patience and I look forward to next last thursday of the month...Cheers Jo

Yeap, I spoke to Chris a bit later as well. Fun memories of the days of our youth when we were daft enough to start small engines whist holding them in our hands! Good fun! (Don't do this at home children!)

If we can get the conferencing option working this should be even better.

Can't make next Thursday - its our club night - but I'll be on the Thursday after for sure.

BEB

Hi All,

Great to speak to you, and Jo your English is fine. It was great talking about Hailwood, Surtees and Ago. I'm watching the old Video's later, particularly the 1967 Senior TT when Hailwood's throttle broke and Ago's chain broke on the last lap. BEB, managed to prize a Super Merlin .8 Diesel out of a mates hand for £30 today. Mint nick in the box vintage 1963, another one to run up tomorrow after a soak in some fresh fuel overnight. Might try a traditional run up . I've got the BETA 5 version of Skype working on Video Conferencing if anyone wants to down load it. Will be on next Thursday, if anyone wants a chat, about 8:00.

Cheers,

Chris

Eric,

1.49 is a bit too big to fire up in your hand.

Have you ever tried a flying sock. A small square block of wood with a cox 049 screwed to the top. Then staple and glue a couple of old socks opposite to each other to the sides of the block, hanging down. Helps to get rid of all of those old odd socks that the washing machine wants to hang onto. You have to hang onto the block to start the motor, and they fly a treat.

Chris.

Posted by Big Bandit on 01/10/2010 19:01:57:
Hi All,

Great to speak to you, and Jo your English is fine. It was great talking about Hailwood, Surtees and Ago. I'm watching the old Video's later, particularly the 1967 Senior TT when Hailwood's throttle broke and Ago's chain broke on the last lap.

Did you happen to mention Phil Read during your chat?  Many years ago, (well before my time) he was a member of our model club.

I didn't go to too many bike race meetings but I do recall watching a terrific battle between Read and Ago at the Race of the Year at Mallory Park in the early 70s (73?) .

Shame, but Thursdays are out for me as we always adjourn to the local pub for a meal and some liquid refreshment after flying in the afternoon...

Martin.....memories,memeories,Giacomo Agostini ,nick name,"Crazy Ago" ,ten victories on  famous race: -Isle of man TT-.......I'm glad that Phil Read was a modeler,means...all the big guys were or are a modelers.Thanks for your time Martin, Cheers Jo
p.s. I have to admit something...John Surtees is the bigest one  and for all  time!

Martin,

Afraid we did not talk about Phil Read, and I must admit to not being much of a fan. Last time I saw him was at Mallory Park around the Barry Sheen pit area.

Myron,

Got your message on Skype, if it's OK I'll give you a call on Tuesday to see if we can get it working properly for you, about 8:00 if that's OK with you.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi  Myron,

You need a web cam only if you want the people your talking to, to see you. Otherwise a small cheapo mic (£2.50 from Asda and about the same from Maplins) plugged into your sound card in the computer will do The little orange 2,5 mill jack socket I think. Then I will only be able to hear you. but you will still be able to see and hear me.The setup that Eric has works fine.

The last web cam that I brought was £15 from Asda (Logitech) and that has a built in mic. USB just plug in and load the CD that comes with it, it sets itself up. The Missus used that one for years to speak to her sister in Australia, and it was free calls. The laptop that we have now has one built in.

It's like Eric say's, but is much simpler to do that explain. I've downloaded the BETA 5 version of Skype and the video conferencing works. I thinks the delay depends on the computer setup. When I spoke to Jo there was no delay.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Jo,

Not had a look at 4.2, but the BETA version works fine. Does 4.2 allow multiple users at the same time, which is what we want. Sorry I missed you tonight, we had a late supper and I was starving, just had to eat. Watched the DVD's of Ago and Mike Hailwood, when I spoke to you last, superb. Think I'll watch Joey Dunlop tonight, 160 over the mountain on bike footage of a whole lap, wicked. I was clocked at 165 half way down the main straight on the Suzuki at Bruntingthorpe, that was scary!, but I did manage to mug a pair of kwakers into the right hander at the end of the straight, they got me back just passed the pits. That was fun.

Myron's got it sorted so hopefully we should have a good chat on Thursday

Then I had half an hour in the shed  sorting out the motor mount for the gangster, still a bit to do though.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

sorry I couldn't take your call tonight. Unfortunately I was rushing to finish off a report for work which I needed to email to someone in the States.

Now I'm OK - but you are not on-line! Never mind.

This Thursday is our club night (first Thursday in the month) - so I wont be about earlier on. But I'm likely to be on line after about 10:00pm or so.

BEB

Hi Chris ,sorry for delay on response,but I have a screen problem(new futaba T8FG),almost impossible to see data on desplay .Waiting for dealer from Slovenia(on phone).I beg you for few minutes on Thursday on skype.

p.s.I did not want to touch anything on my skype 4.2 (for now) but working ok with three persons,I tested .Regards ti you and all others Cheers Jo

I'm a bit worried about exposing myself tonight on screen tonight .Not quite sure  what to  do ? Big Bandit gave me instructions  as  we talked  & it seemed to work .apart from the fact that I coundn't see him after he saw me .I've been practicing but havn't quite got the hang of it ! I think I'm out of my realm again!. I'm not with this 4.2 whatever thingy or 5 thingy . Seems to me they just want your money ?