Spektrum dx6i

David the flyer

Advert

Its quite simple, go to page 68 in the manual, in the adjust list go to flaps and you can set the elevator compensation for normal and land.

Just a word of caution though each plane reacts differently to flaps, the ones I have tend to pitch up when flap is applied, so I have some down elevator mixed in for compensation.

if its a new plane I would recommend that you reduce the flap travel initially and try out the flap at height to see how the plane reacts to flap, you can then adjust the flap travel and elevator compensation to get what you need.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Sorry everyone, slightly off topic but does anyone have an unused or old USB lead (spektrum (dx6i) to computer lead for simulator) kicking about that I could buy off them? Would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Tom

• 1 month later...
Hi, sorry to miss use this topic page again but please may i have some advise.... I have a spektrum dx6i transmitter (AR6200 receiver) and have been having a few issues with it. A few months back a member at the club that i am at flew my plane using the dx6i and it was all going well until he came for a landing.... the plane glitched for a split second pushing it upside down. Fortunately we had a lucky escape and he managed to recover it and land it. We thought we found out what the problem is..... we separated the receiver and the satellite(put them further away) and that seemed to work fine until today. I took the model fairly high up but not to high that it would be a signal loss and it then glitched again, although this time it pulled up vertical (all controls froze). Fortunately once again i managed to take control of the plane and land it safely.
After the heart stopped racing :P we decided we would do a range check..... it was ok until it reached about 10 paces and then it started becoming very laggy. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do. Is it a fault with the receiver? Should i send it back? Or has there been a recall?

Cheers
Tom

Tom I would have expected a range check at 30m plus and at 10 paces you appear to have problems. Send the Rx back to Horizon Hobbies, they will check and say no problems found but as a gesture will give you a brand new Rx FOC. Two glitches is two much when you can get this type of service.

I stupidly lost 3 models until it dawned it was the Rx and the replacement has given no problems. I only wish HH would just say they had found a problem as it then eliminate one component in the chain.

Edited By Hamish on 12/11/2011 22:16:23

Ok thanx I will do that ... Do you have a link for where i should be looking or is it just there general contact address?

Cheers

Tom

Ok Thanx So do i just package it all up and then stick a label on the front with that address with my address inside? Sorry to ask such an obvious question but i wanted to make sure... haha.. Sorry!!

Tom, even if they send you a new receiver it might also be worth checking your receiver battery, and your switch harness.

As for the battery, how does it perform under load? Spektrum receivers seem to have a reputation for 'browning out' if the voltage supply drops too much - say when all the servos are moving. If you don't have a load tester someone in your club might.

Also just check your switch harness. I seem to remember reading on the forum that you have one receiver that has been in a number of planes.

We recently had the switch harness on an aircraft fail where it had been plugged in and unplugged a number of times.

Basically the wire just behind the plug that connects to the receiver was beginning to fail. If you wiggled it, the receiver would go on and off.

We very nearly lost the aircraft but were fortunate. The plane flew a down-wind leg all by itself with the fail safe engaged and the throttle at idle. Fortunately it was well trimmed and very happy to continue its short free flight experience. It then turned itself back on! I immediately landed. Not something I would like to repeat!Closer inspection exonerated the receiver but identified the switch harness as the problem.

Hi Graham,

I have tested it with a load tester and it was all fine the receiver that was in it was new to that plane and a new one altogether..... I think i'll end up sending it back to get it checked properly to be sure. hmm.... your near crash experience sounds a bit like what happened to me but I've checked the harness and seems fine... i'll send it off...

Cheers
Tom