Flair D7 undercarriage wires

J.N.

I need to build an undercarriage from piano wire for a Flair D7 but do not have a pattern. The main undercarriage is made up of 2 identical pieces, part number 58 on the Flair plan.   Is there anyone out there who can let me know the dimensions to enable me to make one up first time around rather than playing it by ear.  .
Thanks. 

Advert

Posted by J.N. on 31/08/2010 15:42:10:
I need to build an undercarriage from piano wire for a Flair D7 but do not have a pattern. The main undercarriage is made up of 2 identical pieces, part number 58 on the Flair plan.   Is there anyone out there who can let me know the dimensions to enable me to make one up first time around rather than playing it by ear.  .
Thanks. 

I have solved the problem and now have one leg as a pattern. . 

Posted by Martin Harris on 04/09/2010 13:02:41:
Sorry no-one was able to help - this forum is usually a mine of information.  Although most of the Flair scouts are very popular I have yet to see a D7 at our club so perhaps there's not so much experience around with this model?

Please, no apology necessary on behalf of the Forum.  I have found this forum  very helpful and will continue to support it along with my subscription to RCM&E. 
Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Posted by Andrew Clarke 3 on 25/10/2010 22:11:52:
i have just bought this model from a swap meet do you still need the dimensions

Thanks for the generous thought however I have solved the problem.  I bought a D7 leg from Flair along with a set of wings for the Flair Kite in July. 
Regards