seagull's or any richard the 3rd's (bird's)

can anybody tell me where you can get a kit for a glider in the shape of a seagull or bird.....if poss from a uk supplier?...during the summer at a couple of local show's there were some depron stand off/lookalike bird's....but for the price i thought they were a bit of a waste of dosh.....so if anyone know's where i can get a plan or a decent kit...thank's...

ken anderson...ne..1.

Advert

Ken,

Would it not be easier just to stick loads of feathers to your Blizzard.....   and rename it Buzzard

As an added bonus, it would also enhance the current state of the model no end LOL .........

See you at the field later  your domestic duties permitting

Edited By Craig Carr on 04/09/2010 10:26:27

Posted by Martin Harris on 04/09/2010 10:45:07:
As someone living fairly close to London and having some familiarity with Cockney rhyming slang, can I say that modelling a seagull's Richard the Third is maybe going a bit far in the direction of realism - and potentially rather messy!

Martin,  I think Ken has just invented "Geordie Rhyming Slang" - similar concept but with different words...

Ken,  I read a lengthy thread on some other forum (sorry - don't remember which, but it was one of the global ones) a year or two ago about model gulls.  Somebody - possibly in Israel? - was developing and then selling them.  As I recall they took a fair bit of work to produce and in the end he just didn't have the time (or maybe the inclination) to carry on producing them for the minimal profit he was making out of them.  There was a lot of discussion in that thread though about the development of the design. 

When you do get one though,  are you going to try and teach the local gulls to loop and roll? When I flew earlier this year from the Brierdene carpark I had a couple of gulls trying to frighten the strange blue and red "bird" away,  but they didn't seem too keen on copying its erratic, crude flight patterns!

My Brother in Law is from North of the border and uses Scotney Rhyming Slang e.g. corned beef (deef) - for the hard of hearing...'

Not really a bird but on Thursday a red kite flew for some time at low level in close formation with a clubmate's electric Lazy Bee before deciding there was no food or threat involved and soaring off in search of something useful to do.

Edited By Martin Harris on 04/09/2010 14:26:51

thank's for the helpfull replies...tim i saw the one you've mentioned for sale on the 'for sale' ad's...thought it was a bit much for 2nd hand......gull...i saw someone displaying a one at teeside model show...with a brushless motor/prop for a 'beak'......it had an excellent paint job...and was the biz......i'll keep looking.......

ken anderson...ne...1.

• 2 weeks later...