Georgia Peach Info

cymaz

Having got 75% through this build of a Roger Wheddon Georgia Peach from   July 1992, I began to wonder about the control surface throws.

Does anyone have any basic info about what throws I should use. I know there are one or two clubs that have this model on the club web site so someone must know something!

Here is a picture to jog your collective memories....

Advert

I looked up the original article in RCMW July 1992 and it just says " all the control surfaces are large & effective, do not use too much movement to start with- particularly aileron- " 
No actual measurement s are given but maybe they were on the plan? ( not readable in the magazine plan )
It is not a scale model but was inspired by 1960,s -70,s control line models from Claus Makis etc according to the article.

Edited By kc on 02/10/2010 11:41:34

I have looked on the full plans I have and there is nothing marked. This is a real plane named Georgia Peach

Gateshead Model Flying Club has a picture of one on their flying feild. I have sent an email to the club but have no reply.

Could someone on the RC grapevine ask for me at the Gateshead Club????

Will post more pictures soon

• 4 months later...
Hello ,
I'm Roger Wheddon !
Guess any control throw info is too late now ?
I stumbled on the thread about GP whilst searching for something else. Its good to know GP is still being built, hhow many are there?
It's 20 yrs since my prototype flew , I liked it a lot,and it's still in the loft.
I've been on this web site for years , its a wonder you didn't ask me for info.
See you cheated on the cowl !! Haven't corresponded before re sale of something?
By the way , the yanks use Geogia Peach as we use English Rose to describe a beautiful woman.

Regards Roger

Dear Rodger
I must say this is a quite stunning plane to fly and now a fim favourite. Several fliers in our club who have had a go have all thought it was a superb flier.

Anyway.....I got the kit of a club mate in a very unfinished state. Uncovered fus, tail unattached,unfinished cowl and no wing at all! There was a plan however and a copy of the original magazine article.
I sent off to have the wings made by Barry of Foamwings.co.uk up in Scotland. I decide to put an inverted OS 91FS in it to keep the cowl cheeks all intact, this drives an APC 13x9. The undercarriage was another deliberate choice as I sometimes fly on a friend farm,so a good stout u/c was called for. A 16 oz tank is up front giving flying times of 20 mins should I want it. The white and pink scheme is ideal when visibility is not good and the pink was my daughters choice.
The throws in the end were trial and error using dual rates on the first flight and then adjusting from there, 20% expo is used on elevator and rudder. There was another G.P. up Gateshead Model flying Club on their website. I tried contacting them but had no luck.

All the best for the future and you can rest assured that you have a big fan of one of your designs here in Cornwall. Feel free to come down to the club and see it any time weather permitting.
You can see her in the field at http://www.staustelldmc.org.uk/

Here is the throws
Aileron : high 15mm up and down, low 10mm-differential to suit,but " more up than down"-Futaba 3010
Elevator : 20mm up and down, low 15mm- Hitec HS645mg
Rudder : 60mm each way -Futaba 3003
ailerons have 3mm push rods, C of G as plan- very slightly nose heavy

Yes there is alot of side thrust, this makes it track in the loops straight without doing hardly any correction, I correct side and down thrust by shimming the engine until correct. When you do stall turns,rolls etc you are then working the sticks less on the manoever and can concentrate more on outside factors eg wind direction.

Edited By Peter Smedley on 09/02/2011 13:26:57

Glad you like it Peter.
I didn't include control throws on the plan as I thiught this was unlikely to be a "first low winger ".
I'm toying with the idea of a new one with retracts some time in the future ?

I'm currently "Bashing" a Kyosho 90 Spit into a bit more scale finish in Malta colours for an RCV 130.

I'm sure you bought something from me in the past ???

Have you seen my Gunman F9 in the plans book? Flys well and fast !

Regards , Roger