Lander EDF Jets

Alan B

If anybody attended the Nats this year - they probably noticed that the Overlander stand were selling off their Lander kits at 1/2 price. My son picked up a ARTF Lander EDF F-16 below

I put it together and set it up for him - yet to maiden it!  Weather depending.
From what I have seen so far these kits are of impressive quality and at half price, I think they are a bargain.  I was twitching at the show wether to buy the F9F Panther (RCME April 2009 Review/article) but kept my hands in my pocket!

Anyway - Overlander are still running the offer online  CLICK HERE and I finally sucumbed and picked up the Panther - arrived yesteday - Lovely kit

As they are still almost 1/2 price I personally think they are a bargain.

Al

Advert

Hello Alan, im the "older" member that Ken refers to

The Panther was superb flyer, especially when coupled with the Lander fan unit. (the 4s version)... 

Ive since refitted the lander fan into their Cougar and thats also a great flyer.

Ive always had "hand launch" versions as from what I gather the supplied retracts arent that great and easily come away.  Im sure someone posted here that theirs broke on just the gentlest of taxis.

If you decide to convert it to hand launch I would put some reinfocement tape on the underneath to protect the foam.

Enjoy

Craig

Thanks Ken & Craig (older member!)

The Panther is the Lander Fan and 4s - as so is the F-16

I did suggest to my son the Panther and it was highly recommended at the show by the Overlander seller. He just sort of looked at it and I saw the blank look on his face which suggested to me he was thinking old looking!  It was more of a case of "I want that one!" as he drooled over the F-16.  Youth eh!  His money, his decision!

I will see how the retracts go as I'm not a great fan (no pun intended!) of hand launching EDF's. There are though the full beefed up all metal retracts available if needed.

ATB  Alan

After reading your posting Alan I had a look at the Overlander Website and placed an order and have just received my F 16  . Excellent bit of kit with retracts etc  delivered for £52 !   I was amazed at the speed of delivery as I ordered in the afternoon and it was delivered early the next morning and only £3-00 postage . I dont know how the retracts will stand up to the grass strip but the kit is cheap enough to play with . I have just upgraded a Kyosho T-33 kit I found at a bring and buy with a D/F bought from Hong Kong with a 4s lipo .It has really brought it to life  with proper jet like vertical performance . Very unlike the original back in the 90's gasping for air .  I plan to fit a similar D/F in the F16 or possibly go to a 5s set up as the motor is supposedly capable  . No rush still enjoying the T33 . Thanks for the Bargain Tip.

E.D
Phil