Tornado Thumper

Bob Black

Hi to you all

Just a small query about the C2230 motor ,  on the front end  as is  usual on small motors is a  prop.saver attachment, I would like to remove this to fit a "collet " type adapter.

Could someone please tell me .........is the front end piece, all one moulding or does  the small prop.saver part split from the larger vented flanged cover piece.

I have tried to split the two but not knowing for certain, dare not put too much pressure  on for fear of doing damage.

Also what is the spindle size .

Thanks in anticipation

Regards

Bob

Advert

Hello again Bob
I dont have this motor, so cant say for sure, but I would think the prop adaptor is the simple version with two screws /studs which extend to have an elastic band wrapped around the prop and themselves? From your description it sounds like a typical "bell" motor, and the prop adaptor may well be permanently  attached to the rotating "bell".
I cant actually find any images or listings of this exact model - can you post a picture of the offending part?

Thanks Guys

Yes Tim that is the part in question......The facing end of the smaller inset picture,  but different brand obviously

Im am pleased I didnt give it any more welly.............Must get a few of those props!

Again Thanks to you both

Regards

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys

sorry to hi jack this thread but it seems resolved. I have broken the shaft on my Thumper T3536/8. Channel 4 models can supply me with a replacement but how do I get the shaft out of the bell housing. Photos below.

Help