Hobby King Exchange Rates

Advert

Exchange rates for foreign purchases: see this site which says it all for buying abroad. I register my selected c/card which gives the best deal on foreign currency with paypal ; I do not let paypal do the conversion to £sterling but charge the US$ cost directly to my  c/c where the conversion is made for no cost at the market rate

Posted by Hamish McNab on 21/10/2010 19:20:08:
Patience Tony.  My last 12 orders were all with me within 8days and with the price saving worth the wait

The parts arrived yesterday, just under 14 days which is in line with the guidance all you guys were giving me.    I was just a bit wound up firstly because it took them nearly a week to ship, secondly because they said it could take 45 day.  Lastly because I was completely grounded without the parts on that order.

Further to my previous thread,  I went ahead and ordered the Giant Cessna on the 21st Oct, it arrived 27th, taking into consideration that included a week-end, that is quick!!  The packaging was more than sufficient and no damage was done.   This Company though based in Norway does not charge for postage and no VAT or taxes were incurred.   The same model from HK is approx £199.   In the UK it is priced at £219 plus p&p.   Today I've put it together and she looks great !    I'm now going to order 4 s 3400 batteries from them and hope to be flying it, subject to weather.  Eric.