Thin Cyano

Advert

You can make your own applicators cheaply to any size or length you need (within limits!)

Take one cotton bud, plastic tube type. Heat the centre tube with a flame until it just starts to sag, pull each end gently until you get the right diameter. Stop pulling, let it cool, cut away from cotton buds with a sharp knife and you then have two applicators joined together.

Cut 10mm of clean silicon fuel tubing and attach the applicator to the cyano bottle. When it clogs, throw it away and use the other one. etc.
Takes about 10 seconds to make, much longer to explain!

Edited By Richard Bond on 21/10/2010 09:45:23

sounds like a lot of work for a 10p applicator good idea though if i am ever short as for the cyno, i think i have tried every type out there and i have to say Zap stuff is the best the bottle clogs the least as well and if you buy in small bottles (whilst more expensive) you suffer least waste (unless you build loads of stuff) 

One really good thin Cyano I've found with an effective thin nozzle that doesn't clog up too much is the Loctite Precision one that you get from tool & hardware shops (and boot fairs) - much better than some that are marketed for modelling.

Another vote for the Poundshop stuff from me....4 bottles for a quid each with a very nifty applicator....the glue's good too!!!

They had a nice set of 4 tweezers last time I was there too.....

Good to see Tim Hooper uses the stuff too......does this mean my Pixie Major will look as good as his.....? H'mm maybe not!!!