Seagull Yak 54 (91 Deluxe Series)

Advert

Lee is the man to speak to about that BB, as you have already discovered.

I was thinking about petrol, but changed my mind purely because i havent ever had a four stroke yet, so i want to get to grips with FS's first.
Otherwise, i think it would have been a 26cc on Lee's advice.

I work nights too, but when i get up about this time, i have nothing else to do and she just calls me into the dining room!!! ha ha.

Stephen: It is official, my engine has arrived and my dad teasingly showed me the box, but won't let me have it until Xmas even after much persuasion!!!

dont worry Ross its not a glimpse at the future as for who came of best well that was definitely a score draw, i almost got away with it but eventually the wing gave way and down i came but this is a mark of how great i rated the aircraft, i bought another straight away .........and i never do that for some reason i really don't like to do that 

I hope not Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, as promised.
Tail wheel fitted today.

Holes drilled after trial fit of spring mechanism.

Spring mechanism epoxied and screwed in place.

Tail wheel strut holes marked and drilled.

Tail wheel assembly fitted (Epoxied and screwed) and springs attached.

.....and then for the first time ever, she is on all three wheels!!!!!

Electrics, servo arm connections and fuel tank next!!!!!

Cheers,

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...
An update for you:

Control rods (Elevator) and pull-pull system completed with the help of a few brilliant guys.
Mainly Timbo for explaining how to mix the 2 elevator servos and the pull-pull system thread.
Thanks all.

Elevator control rods set-up.

Rx installed. Foam glued to servo deck, Rx velcroed onto foam and secured with cable ties.

Other bit of Rx velcroed to sidewall 90deg from Rx.

Rudder servo and pull-pull system installed.
This was a new experience for me (see Pull-Pull system thread) but i like it a lot and i feel confident it is a very secure system.

All electronics completed, installed and set-up, apart from throttle linkage for obvious reasons.
Battery not secured as of yet until i work out correct Cofg.
Leads all tidied up and secured neatly.

Just the front end to complete after Xmas now, oh and the Aileron control rods.

Cheers,

Edited By Ross Clarkson on 29/11/2010 20:14:04

it is an exceptionally pretty thing and for the price !!!! its just fantastic 

ps had a deadstick last week at the bottom of a bunt (must stop doing bunts with no fuel) and i thought i had fluffed it up and went too far down on the base leg i really thought i was going to end up in the scrapyard  at the end of the field, but my baby kept coming and coming thankfully there was no wind and she made the strip just i was staggered how slow she really will fly, not that i would risk that again like but she really does have impeccable manners, i was a lucky boy!

can't remember what spinner size i used i will have a measure ASP props have a funny twist on them at the root and you might have problems with a 10 pitch prop (cutting wise) 

the only poor thing in the entire kit is the Spinner put it where it deserves to go ...the BIN 

• 2 weeks later...