Fairey Swordfish

Garry  G

Advert

sorry if this breaks any rules . but have you seen this Garry? it is also listed here

Edited By boggy on 12/11/2010 21:03:42

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi all

Just joined you forum as a rookie Airplane Builder.Been a Rc boat builder for many years but got bored with that.

I am now building a 72 inch Swordfish from plans but need help with a few probs.

1. Have tried to get a diagram of a closed loop system for an airplane and which is the best set up but so far been unable to locate one.

2.Any one have any ideas for a wing fold system on a swordfish which is realistic and to scale.

May seem pretty mundane questions but I am at the stage of planking the fuselage sooner than I expected and need to finish the internals first. Have scoured internet with no avail

Any help would be appreciated.frown

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Barry and Graham,

I have a Swordfish, it is much modified based on the ESM kit, not flown as yet as am enjoying both some engine and prop issues as well as just looking at it !

Take a look at my album

**LINK**

It may give you a few ideas ( and nightmares ! ). I did folding wings in a sort of standoff scale way and a load of other stuff as well, the leading edge slats were a bit of a struggle until the lightbulb moment when it became fairly easy to make.

A really beautiful old aircraft, and yes, quite surprising it's not modelled more.

Enjoy............Shaun.