Advert

Yes I have used them but had mixed results

there site lists everything you could want in terms of hard to find spares for ARTF's

But they do not hold many items in stock and order parts to match your order.

To this end delivery is alwys slow and many times the part has not been not available. But where it has not been possible to supply I have always received notification followed by a refund.

if you really cant find a part anywhere else it is worth a try using them but it is always a gamble if they can deliver.

For hard to finf parts I now always try wheel spin models first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Another for Podium RC from me unfortunately.

I've just cancelled an order I placed on the 5th March for a PZ BF-109 canopy hatch. I called them today to chase up the order but I was told they might have it in 10 days time!

I called SMC who also don't have it in stock but they said "it'll be with you by Tuesday"

It's fair enough listing every part Parkzone produce but it needs to back this up with a more efficient service not just as and when we feel like getting a large order from Horizon Hobby.

I have to jump into PodiumRC's defence here. As you say they list every possible part for almost every model you can think of but dont always keep that item in stock, (that would be a massive warehouse) but withmy experience they do everything they can to get it in, even if this takes longer. Sometime its the only place to get a bit you need.
I owned an Eflight P47 "jug" (the real old one) and a model shop sold me a dodgy batch of foam safe CA which melted the horizontal stab. They could not get hold of a part as the model was discontinued, Podium sourced this part direct which i could not have done and did it at a rock bottom price. I tried several other stockists who would not or could not source the part i needed.
D

That's great for a rare plane David but when it's a Parkzone foamy warbird of which Horizon Hobby hold all the parts in their huge warehouse AND Sussex Model Centre quoted me Tuesday even though they don't have it in stock, what incentive do I have to shop with Podium ?
Why wait 28 days when I can have it in 4.

• 9 months later...
Another from me too, waited a month so far for a replacement Black Horse fuz set, didnt hear anything after placing the order until i checked nearly 2 weeks after what was happening, then got a reply saying awaiting an eta for it from distributers, a further fortnight on and i still havent heard a peep from them so ive requested a refund, even gone through paypal myself to make it easier for them to do and had no reply as yet. As said above its one thing listing everything you may be able to get hold of given god knows how long, and another delivering a service to be proud of, a quick email without being chased saying "sorry, still waiting on estimate from ripmax for item" may have gone some way to please a customer but that seems too much trouble and my business will be taken elsewhere

Yes, it certainly seems dealing with Podium RC makes you lose the will to live....

I emailed them on 12th October asking them to give me an indication of the supply time for an item marked 'Out of stock'.

No response...........

A month later, on 12th November, I re-sent the email, asking if they could a) supply the item, and b) indicate the delivery time.

On 14th November I received this reply :

Hi
We do not have this instock if our supplier has stock they take about 5/6 days to arrive with our selves then a couple of days after (sic)
Regards Lisa

The same day, I emailed them again asking if they would check with their supplier whether the item was available and, if so, I would then place an order.

To date, no response.................

I am very glad I didn't place an order up-front with these people and Neil's experience seems to have confirmed my decision. Companies who offer appalling service like this really don't deserve to stay in business!

Pete

Hi
I'm sorry to hear you have problems with our service, we do try our best. E-mails are best followed up with a phone call as we get 2-3000 spam mails a day and if it ends up there i'm afraid it is a lost cause.

We are still waiting for the UK Hanger 9 distributor to give us a due date for that item. We are chasing weekly.
Hanger 9 themselves must be out of stock.
We are in the same boat as you, awaiting response from our suppliers

Regards Dave

Dave, I have sent you a request for a refund and opened a paypal dispute on wednesday last week, both of which have not even been acknowledged, personal emails maybe but i find it extremely hard to believe that messages from paypal would end up in your "spam email". im sick of waiting now, and would like my money back

Hi Neil, The E-mail from Paypal goes to Admin not to us at sales and I have not had it forwarded to myself yet.

I have just authorized Paypal to refund your money. No problem.

However, logging up to paypal I see when you say "Wednesday last week" I assume you mean Wednesday 7th you actually started the on the 12/12/11 at 19:51 ,Monday night and as we are closed Tuesdays it would be at least the wednesday before we would pick it up.With this being 10 days before Christmas we are very busy (not an excuse, just the time of year)

Wishing all a happy Christmas
Dave