impulsive disaster

Phil  Claridge

i was at the hop farm show and saw a 1/5 scale buggy sitting in a box with a price tag of £375, i used to have 2  1/8 glow monster trucks so i had a quick look at it, the stall holder came over somehow i started haggling with him just for fun with no real intention of buying it. next thing out came the plastic and £270 lighter but weighed down with a 16 pound car in a large cardboard box talking to a mate at the club he said he had one too so why do'nt we fit lights on them and race them on the clubs field,so next club night i turn up with my car wearing six leds. my mate said oh i forgot mine, so i ran mine alone, i had 3 white leds on the front a green and red on the back with a large red on the top. it was good fun and the car was easy to see and control. i got more adventurous and went further out and hit a metal stake as i was flat out the bang was loud and costly ie bent drive shaft broked wheel bearing smashed diff casing bent chassis and destroyed bumper, i supose i served me right for buying a car not a plane has anyone else bought a model on impulse and regretted it

Advert

too true beb, i bought a foamie chuck glider for my grandson to have ago but he decided to build his own, he was about seven at the time and set to work with scissors and sellotape and a cardboard box from an old video set. supervised by me and the missus it ended up about five foot span with three rolls of tape holding it together. we went down the field and i lobbed the foamie it flew twenty feet and fell apart tom laughed and threw his creation and the damn thing glided about 100 feet. it lasted about half an hour before it was too battered to fly

right beb, your the engineer i have a spare pair of t240 wings, all i need is a five bladed variable pitch prop. i can take the drive off the center diff, oh by the way prop can only be 4in dia for ground clearance. do you reckon i can do it chassis has a nice aerofoil section at the front to provide lift. got a feeling it might need assistance on take off lol two or three rocket motors might do it