Eclipse7, 2.4g Spectra module & telemetry

Ian Jones

It all seems very vague to me. The Optima RXs & Spectra modules used together give full telemetry even on Optic & Eclipse Txs. Huh, what, how?

I'm missing something here, I don't see how it can work or have I really got it wrong and full telemetry just isn't available for Optic & Eclipse Txs?

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

probably just that no-one knows.  Maybe it's just the dedicated 2.4 versions that work?  I can't see a) how you would fit a Spectra module in a 35mHz set, don't they use a different plug for 2.4? b) how it could link back to ther 35mHz display if it fitted.

ok, quick search, the Spectra will fit but you need a PC link for anything other than low battery warnings:

Telemetry System
The Optima line of receivers and Spectra 2.4GHz module have full telemetry capabilities with built in low receiver batter warning. Additional telemetry capabilities can be added using optional sensors for display in the Aurora 9 or with Hitec's PC based Telemetry Monitoring System.

That's an interesting suggestion Tony. The Tx modeule & Rx instructions don't give any details on how the telemetry works - I can't find anything on the Hitec web site either.

What 'm trying to avoid is buying the additional telemetry gear, GPS & Fuel Level for example only to find it won't work until on a date yet to be determined  I move from my Eclipse7 to  the Aurora.

from the quote in my previous post it does look as though you need a PC of some form to display telemetry with anything less than the Aurora.  I'm surprised Hitech or someone has not come up with an 'app'  for Iphones and similar to act as the display.

As far as audible warnings go, I find them more useful than visual displays as I don't need to take my eyes off the model to see if my batteries are getting low etc., and I only really want to know when it's time to plan a landing or when a gliders in lift or sink.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Ian Jones on 26/11/2010 23:30:59:
It all seems very vague to me. The Optima RXs & Spectra modules used together give full telemetry even on Optic & Eclipse Txs. Huh, what, how?

I'm missing something here, I don't see how it can work or have I really got it wrong and full telemetry just isn't available for Optic & Eclipse Txs?

The AFHSS module has a Data connection point which via interface unit HPP-22 can connect to your Laptop etc and yet to be released data screen to attach to handle of your TX, at present please refer to the FAQ pages -

Telemetry - Instruction Sheets
& User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.
Telemetry - Battery Voltage via SPC and/or HTS-SS Blue for EP Models
Telemetry - Flying Range
Telemetry - HTS-Voice Telemetry Voice Announcing System
Telemetry - HTS-Navi AFHSS 2.4GHz Wireless USB Telemetry Receiver
Telemetry - Range test Using Segway & GPS - Video - Remarkable 2100+ft not only through large obstacles but also with Heli sitting in ground effect.
Telemetry - Full installation in Skylink 50cc - Static & Flying Demo - Video( 6 min 29 sec)
Telemetry - Screens & Displays
Telemetry - Screens & Displays - Video
Telemetry - HPP-22 Screen as viewed live on PC/Laptop. - Video
Telemetry - Download Demo 2D Graphic Flight displays of an actual flight. NB: GPS updates every .5 sec and will be fairly accurate for level flight but not dive speed since it is using ground coordinates for the calculation.
Telemetry - Compatibility & Open Source - status
Telemetry System - Spectra Pro installed Alternate TX Connections.
Alan T.