Mike Deans

Advert

I'm sure one of the tech guys will be along in a minute to answer for sure, but your avatar is indeed 50x60 when displayed on the forum. I imagine the reason it asks for 100x120 is to make it easy for the site to resize the image (50x60 being half the size of 100x120). Which means your original 100x100 avatar is probably now slightly stretched when displayed on the forum, but at that size it's not really noticable.

Timbo, it sounds like this is a similar problem to the one you're having with the gallery. It displays fine for me on this machine. Again, I'll have a word with the tech department and see if they have any ideas as to why you're having problems.

Out of interest, is anyone else having problems uploading avatars?

Sorry it's taken a while to get to you guys.

Ok so here's the take on these things:
1) Forum avatar is displayed at half size on the forum messages but if you click on a users name you'll see their full size avatar. That's why it's a 100*120 file.
2) The not seeing the upload button is caused I suspect by the size of text on your screen. Are you using IE? If so go to view/text size and choose medium, you can put it back afterwards if you want. (If you don't have a view menu you're probably using IE7 in which case on the tools menu there is a menubar option just turn it on for a minute then you'll be able to resolve this. This is caused by the larger text size being used in IE and it then pushes the button of the bottom of the screen. This will indeed be the same for all uploads of images anywher on the site.
3) Forum notifications, hmmm that's a bit tougher. There is a problem with forum notifications on this server, we're looking into it but rest assured it's not just you that's having this problem Timbo

• 2 years later...