Transport

Phil 9

Advert

Hi Jo,

Hope the spitfire isn't IC powered, I know someone who damaged the paint job on the car roof with dripping glow fuel .

Stephen,

I had a Peugeot 406 that had a busted heater, it was miserable in cold weather, so I wound up giving it away.

My current motor is an Audi A4, which is a nice car, but a pain for getting models in as the rear seats are fixed. I generally get by because I only use smallish models.

Chris.

Hey Jo,

It's a magic bus dum dum di dum dum, dum didy di dum dum, (in 3/4 with loose twelves on single wood blocks and one stick.) when can I buy your magic bus, (Townshend) give me a hundred, I won't take under (Daltry). The Who, Favorite band. I have a photo some where of me standing on the wall outside the Leeds university refectory where the classic album was recorded, pointing at the blue plack on a wall. Also a recording of the whole concert from a recording made on Bob Pridens mixing desk. Saw the band approx 30 times from 1969 ( pictures of Lilly tour) to 1989 (Kids alright tour) at the NEC Birmingham, and finally 2000 (Back to the bush tour) at the Wembley arena. Got the full down load of the mixing desk from that tour as well with Ringo's lad on drums.

Now I'm going to have to watch the Amazing Journey DVD, all two hours of it. .

Chris.

I,ve been using a Landrover Discovery 200 tdi, you can get a trainer , a 45" one piece aerobatic plane and a 50 inch glider , plus the tool boxes 2 deck chairs one wife one 2 year old son and one pram plus there is just enough room to slide the odd sandwich in, its coming up for 200,000 on the clock and still turns in 45 mpg , just have trouble seeing out when we go flying,

merry christmas to all John

I am in the process of building a large trailer but in the meantime I use a 1983 Microbus fitted with a Ford V6.
The centre seats are removed and the back seats fold down so I can get 4 large planes in plus all field gear as well. I dont even have to take off the wings.
Due to the large engine and low gearing it uses so much petrol that if I dont stop the engine at the service station I cant fill the tank.
Petrol here is getting expensive, thats why I am building a trailer. R8.30/litre at the moment. That 1 pound 20 a gallon.
Its only R3.00 in Dubai.