Turnigy servo slow unit Q's

'Widget'

Hi,
               Can you use the Turnigy Servo Speed Regulator to slow down my retract servo ?  The servo is a Hitec non proportional one.

Cheers,
                                      Widget

Advert

Eric's right, it doesn't work on a pukka retract servo. Very good on normal servos, though. Useful servo reverse function on it, too. Good bit of kit but now facing redundancy for me, unfortunately - I've just got a DX8 and you can program servo speed on any channel!

Pete

As Eric and Pete have said, The Turnigy unit will not slow down a retract servo. SM Services do a delay unit which will delay the trigger point, but again not the speed. The TX slow function will also just delay the trigger point not actually slow a retract servo down.

If you look at the power of many retract servos they are not much more powerful than a std servo, granted you don't get as much throw, but they are all I use.

Cheers
Danny

Thanks for the quick response chaps, thought as much, I must say I'm a tad disappointed with the marketing description for this unit which does say for use on U/C.
Oh well it'll come in handy one day I expect !

Cheers,
                                                   Widget 

Widget,

The Turnigy Servo Speed Regulator works great on standard servo,s and is good fun.

Follow the link if you like to see some more of it .

Iam using it in my Beaufighter on two standard servo's homemade retracts and Spitfire on one servo which operates the two retracts.

Ton