Fly Cam crashes explorer

Hi there. Got a nice new fly cam one 2 from my MUM today (birthday)
Trouble is it works but every time windows tries to open the image folders explorer crashes. It is the image files that cause the crash. If I delete the files so that the card is empty all is well. If I take a video when explorer tries to preview the image explorer crashes. I have tried to update the firmware I think successfully - the procedure was a little different from the read me. Either the cam makes corrupted files, or the card has a problem ? Either way I would love to get it working. Any ideas anyone ? Not found anything on the net about this.
Am I the only person who feels he always gets the duff one ?
Go well F

Posted by Flanker . on 22/01/2011 16:48:51:

Instructions mention write speeds but shop only had one make of card. Do they come at different speeds ?

GW F

Yes the cards come at different speeds, I use a Sandisk 2GB card, IIRC from Amazon. They are currently about £4 inc postage.
I've had my Flycam since 2008 so your's may have some upgrades. I had great difficulty upgrading the firmware but my son managed after some poking around. The new features included being able to invert the image being taken, which is handy for mounting the camera on top of the fuselage etc.

The battery was poor, only good for about 10mins of video when fully charged & charging via the USB not really satisfactory. I've since done some mods so that I can switch on/off in flight & run it from a separate external single 600mAH lipo.
Downloading direct from the camera seems to be limited to USB1 speed so I always remove the card & download via a card reader.

Flanker
The AVI file from my FlyCamOne2 is no problem for Windows.
Given that you say have written to and read the card successfully by other means I am afraid it looks like the FlyCamOne is suspect.
Too expensive to give up on - take it back.
In the meantime get yourself an 808 Key Chain cam. Just a good and so cheap you can afford to loose it!

OK I fixed it and here is how.Firstly the flycam makes use of the SD card for its memory.

Sooo I first formatted the card using a card reader and SD formatter. Then I restarted the cam with the blank card. That fixed the dodgy explorer crashing AVI s The cam recorded nicely in 640 X 480.

Then following the instructions provided by ACME support (good support , fast good English ) I downloaded the firmware for CAR CAM 2

Then I copied the bin file to the card and turned the Cam on with the card inserted. After 45 seconds it showed CC and now records in 720 x 480 whic is MUCH better.

So in the end an easy fix with good support from ACME I guess this is what makes a more expensive cam a little better than internet cheepies

Thanks to ALL who helped - 'twas thinking about the card that got me on track.

Go well all , happy Flanker.