Turbocad

Hi Danny,
Yep . My version has the insert Object or Picture. But a picture or object just ends up as a very small pix-elated block . That cannot be read.

There is also an Icon at the top of the screen that is an insert button but it gives the same results. I am going to reinstall the program and see if that clears the problem.

I don't think I can insert a jpg with this version of Turbocad. Does it make any difference what the bit rate is 16,or 32?

Richard.

I was afraid you wouldn't have the option. inserting jpg is fairly recent. I doubt a re-install will fix your problem

I don't think Turbocad is very expensive, the Pro version is definitely better but obviously costs more. It does give 3d but you may not want that?

I don't think the bit rate is an issue.

Cheers
Danny

Hmm, I just tried and can't get it to work either. What I did just try however was changing the file extension of a .jpg picture to .wmf to see what would happen. When I opened the resulting file it did say "Windows Metafile" at the top of the standard picture viewer software installed in Windows XP. See if that works.

Hi All,

Well I have managed to open a picture in Turbocad. I opened a Photoshop image PSD.

Photoshop opens over Turbocad but the picture is inlaid into Turbocad and Photoshop although open has a blank screen. Click on Photoshop to close it and you are left with the picture embedded in Turbocad.

Ok so far ! but the size of the picture has changed it is now enormous!
Sorry but I have a couple more questions.
1. If I over draw the picture I can't see what I am achieving.
2. I can't find a button to turn off the picture to see what I have drawn. (Maybe I need to use Layers?

Richard.

yes you need to use layers, certainly v15 of Turbocad. If you have the picture highlited (has the corners highlighted) then you will not see anything else above or below it.
I have no experience of the early version, but to give you some idea of the layers i use here is my Apache drawing showing the layers.

As I say I haven't got the old version so the stuff I am showing may not be relevent to your version.

D

• 6 months later...
Sorry for the late reply, just stumbled on this one. I don't remember what version of turbo cad I have but what I do is open a jpeg picture in windows Paint. Select 'all' and then 'copy'. Open turbo cad and 'paste'. You may need to zoom in quite a bit some times, and it is not full proof and some times there is no picture , but for the most part it works well.