No E-mail alerts for new postings

JayCee

Advert

I do bookmark the odd thread and now and then BEB - but as we mods get an alert for EVERY post anyway, I don't see the need to bookmark just for this reason IYSWIM.
Of course, for the general members its the only real way to be notified of postings that matter to them - other than keep checking "latest posts"

Hi Tim
Still no joy,

Not receiving e-mail alerts for new postings (Bookmarked) of for the arrival of new PM.

Before I made my first post I checked my e-mail provider settings (Virgin Media) There is no junk mail filter in place.

I was up until a few days ago getting several alerts a day................then nothing!

JC

Actually Tim I don't receive an email for every post! The only way I get alerts is via bookmarking - just like any other member. Must have a word with the boss about this! Discrimination

Anyway, I did receive email alerts for Alan's, yours and JC's posts. So the basic system seems to be working.

BEB

OK All

In case it helps anybody else using virgin mail with the e-mail extension @virginmedia.com

The Spam filter is automatically set by virgin media and it's in a hidden menu. It appears that when the volume of mail from a particular source exceeds a certain level Virgin assume it is junk mail and automatically sends it to the junk mail folder.........the problem is unless you alter your settings you can't access that folder.

Go to your Virgin Media E Mail account go to :- settings/labels, locate Spam highlight Show Go back to you mail account locate the folder, find the Model Flying Alerts , Highlight and down the bottom tick not spam!

And I thought flying was difficult!

JC

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 14/02/2011 12:45:13:
BEB, I can easily set your email alerts same as ours... and if you don't pay the £50K protection money by 12 noon - I will switch it on

Mmmm, 12:00 noon eh? I note the time this was sent! Sounds like the sort of deadlines I get at work

BEB