Hangar 9 Angle pro

gazzazh

Advert

Hmmm! Looks like it only gives angular measurements but I've never come across setup instructions that give control deflections in degrees - seems like a bit of a con to me - the gadget is fine as an incidence meter but it looks like are they trying to give it added value by saying it can be used to set up control throws. Think it would be very difficult to convert 3/16" up/down into degrees! Did you get overcome by shiny techy toy disease?? We all get the odd dose of that (much worse in Heli flyers) The throw meter I have is this one AccuThrow but a ruler is just as good

Hi there,

I normally set up all my planes with dual rates then I can test in flight the best aileron, elevator and rudder.

I normally set up 1st position for taking off and landings and then, aerobatics and 3Ds but never used the hangar 9 angle pro.

Cheers,

Alan

Gaz,

I have and use the Hanger 9 Angle Pro as some of the better manufactures only supply the throw settings in degrees and it can also be use to check the incidence on wings and tailplanes, it is a very useful bit of kit, but for all settings in inchs or cm's I just use my Great Planes AccuThrow meter, cheap and easy to use.

Hi,

If you just want to get the degrees you could place a helix protractor ruller on the side or your elevator and ailerons.

link here

Perhaps with some bluetack?

Edited By Alan Bahia on 22/02/2011 15:35:26

Gaz you could always get mathematical - Ahhem!

360 X control throw
2 X chord X 3.1416(pi)

so for 3/16" movement of a 0.5" chord elevator

360 X 0.1875
0.5 X 2 X 3.1416

= 21.48degs

for a 2" elevator

360 X 0.1875
2 X 2 X 3.1416

= 5.37degs

(Hmmm! obviously not busy enough out here!!)

• 1 year later...

Just bought one - wish I hadn't!

Buttons to small, zero setting often does not work, but most of all why did they put the PCD display and the biuttons on the SIDE, so that have to kneel down to read or use them instead of on the top where they woud be easy to use?

Surely they should know that we work at benches looking down?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/09/2012 08:47:05

• 2 months later...