Southern Model Airshow/Hop Farm 2011

Advert

I went to the Southern Model Airshow with my Son and a friend and all three of us agreed that we enjoyed it more than previous years , can't put a finger on why unless it was all the pops and bangs or the usual fantastic flying ! Bought some bits and pieces that I needed but resisted a couple of aircraft (that I didn't need!) It certainly looked well attended to us and really hope it still has a future . As for DB he makes it for me , I luv him! Long may it all continue!

Posted by Lazygit on 17/09/2011 22:53:16:
Posted by Tony Read on 17/09/2011 21:03:36:

The down side - The early rain, seeing an out of control model (rain affected Tx/Rx?) wipe out another in the aircraft park,

When will people take responsibility for their actions. CAP658 applies to everyone operating a model aircraft ALL THE TIME! It could have wiped out a person.

Edited By Lazygit on 17/09/2011 22:54:42

as a matter of fact the incident had nothing to do with rain affected radio gear.
I won't name the pilot involved as I'm sure he is embarrassed enough making such a silly mistake. But I'm sure from now on he will be double checking his failsafe settings and also remember NOT to switch his transmitter OFF whilst his engine is still running!

Posted by Tony Read on 17/09/2011 21:05:57:
BTW - if that was you flying the Lander(?) Hawker Hunter I would be really interested to know what set up you were using.

The Lander Hunter and subsequently Hunter(s) were flown by Nick Kemp and myself the one flown on Saturday has the Lander fan with the 3900kv motor of 4s 5000mah and mine on Sunday had the Lander 3575kv fan on 4s 3000mah

Edited By nasa_steve on 26/09/2011 20:48:50